Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello My Dear CareCure Family

Exclamation Hello My Dear CareCure Family

With a broken heart I am sorry to have to share with you all - my husband Bill passed away in his sleep early on Thursday morning.The med examiner determined it was most probably owing to his uti (which we were treating) that he became septic and was the reason he got so sick so fast. He never ran a high fever but did feel clammy at times. But he'd had nothing to eat for a couple of days and very little to drink even with my contant nagging ! It's what I did best where Bill was concerned and when I usually called him "William".

He did have other issues as most of you know and as I have shared over these many years and I fear his poor body just couldn't fight the good fight any more - he died peacefully and quietly as he slept - me in the room right next to him and at home as he would have wished.

I will share more in the days to come but as you can imagine life has turned upside down in our house. When things calm down I'll be back.

I simply don't know how we would have gotten through the last 15 years without the support and knowledge gleaned from CareCure. Friendships and comradery - all from afar ! It would have been a much more difficult and lonely journey to have walked and rolled alone !! You'll never know how much I love you all !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

My goodness Obie, so sorry.

Happier Times - and not so long ago !!! Be sure to hug the ones you love !! {{{{HUG}}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Very sorry to learn about Bill's passing. That he died peacefully in his sleep I'm sure is a great comfort to you. You have been and I'm sure will continue to be one of the brightest lights here, Obie.

Obieone, I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers and I will pray Bill's soul a peaceful journey into the light of heaven.

Please, take care of yourself.

Peace and Grace.
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

oh, obi!!!!! HUG!!!!!!!! it's good he died peacefully but i am so sorry that you've lost your love. sending more hugs through the internet
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

So sorry Obie. May you all find comfort in your memories.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

OB, you and Bill have been a tremendous support to many of us. We will be with you as you cope with the loss of Bill.

Love,
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Obie, I don't know how to tell you how sorry I am. Deepest blessings to you and your entire family. May you be lifted from strength to strength.