Thread: New Adaptive Paddleboard

Thumbs up New Adaptive Paddleboard

Check out this one of a kind adaptive paddleboard that will be publicly launched on Saturday April 6th in Carlsbad, CA. I was glad to be able to assist the inventor Kawika Watts in this endeavor. If you are in Southern California on the 6th, come by and check it out!

Link

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

That is pretty cool that they would be in their own chair. It would seem to me that it might be better to transfer to a seat with a lower center of gravity. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    That is pretty cool that they would be in their own chair. It would seem to me that it might be better to transfer to a seat with a lower center of gravity. What do you think?
    You get a good cushion and comfortable ride their way. But I see your point too, I am not so sure I would want to take my chair out on to the water.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I think I would prefer to be out of my chair for sure. Anytime I ould leave the chair behind was a good day. For those who are not able to transfer this seems like a great option to get out and enjoy the outdoors and get a great work out at the same time.

Check out this video of the High Fives Foundation adaptive paddle surfing.
    This may be more Arndog's speed.

i like the idea of taking your own chair as you dont have to worry about someone taking your chair while out on the water. i'd love to have this for personal use on the great lakes and the genny river/erie canal
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I'll take a sit on top kayak.
    I'd hate to see my Ti Lite at the bottom of the Rio.......

Actually the chair you see is for the paddleboard, so you would transfer into it and then roll up onto the board. Most people we talked with did not want to use their multiple thousand dollar chair in the sand and water, though some thought they wouldn't care and it might be more comfortable that way.

In all the trials and testing so far the board with the outriggers attached will not tip over.

On Saturday we had a high level tetra on it with someone standing behind her paddling the board around....she thought it was great.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery