Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture of my Tub/Shower combo in the house I'm currently building

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    Whats a good lift for the tub? I would love to take a bath but not sure if I would ever get out again LOL
    The one I'm getting is a Drive medical Whisper. The prices have dropped down lately, it is on Amazon for $419.00. Sounds like it should do the job, but now I'm worried about it moving on me from what Jen said. I might just be better off using a conventional shower bench for showers and only putting the lift in the tub for when I want to use the tub. That will cut my risk down some of falling.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt, Just a word of advise, I used the same type of lift that Jen used in my home tub and had the same tipping problem. It is not a real stable lift at all due to the suction cups letting go. I ended up switching to a transfer bench. This the one I use and it is very stable. I use a garden kneeling pad on the seat. That way I can replace them as needed without having to replace the entire bench.

http://www.amazon.com/Moen-DN7105-Tr...oen+bath+bench

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-9421-L...s=kneeling+pad

Thanks for the info I would be using it just for the tub. I do worry about the tipping issue

Simply beautiful!! I hope you enjoy it in good health!

That really is a dream house Curt, how wide is the garage?

I guess those bath lifts are a bad idea. Filling the tub with water works pretty good for buoyancy to get out of it as Lynnifer said.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The risk is worth it - it feels so good to soak in warm soapy, scented water!

Just be careful and mindful of what I said.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    The risk is worth it - it feels so good to soak in warm soapy, scented water!

Just be careful and mindful of what I said.
    Okay, I can see why the suction cups wouldn't work so good since the bottom of tubs are somewhat rough to avoid slipping. There are several brands of these lifts available and use different power, hydraulic etc.

How did you go about choosing which one to get, what else besides slipping to consider?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Price - mine had been used 3x and cost $200 in an online classified ad.

It was $1700 otherwise and my benefits don't cover washroom adaptations ... besides I was told once that was a luxury item since a transfer bench is $150.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Price - mine had been used 3x and cost $200 in an online classified ad.

It was $1700 otherwise and my benefits don't cover washroom adaptations ... besides I was told once that was a luxury item since a transfer bench is $150.
    Your criteria is the same as mine... cheap. So tell me what brand slipped. The most prevalent used brand seems to be Aquatec.