Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: flaccid to spastic?

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    So 13 months post and I've got muscle flickers all over. My calves, toes, dorsiflexion, hamstrings and gluts. Only one that's completely gone is right quad. Do you guys have any idea how to recognize if that's me doing it? Anybody had an experience like this with flaccid paralysis? Sometimes my foot has a rapid jerk like movement. Also wondered why my right foot goes up when i lean right on my chair? Please any input would be appreciated ! Nobody can tell me what this means!
    When I read your story I see mine....with a lot of effort I get muscle flickers in the areas I want to contract muscles. But I need a lot of concentration. Nobody can tell me why that is either...I just try over and over again to get better. You should do that too! Wish you all the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by KK11 View Post
    When I read your story I see mine....with a lot of effort I get muscle flickers in the areas I want to contract muscles. But I need a lot of concentration. Nobody can tell me why that is either...I just try over and over again to get better. You should do that too! Wish you all the best!!
    Having someone assist moving your body through the proper range of motion while you try to contract the muscles will help the most.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

How many reps are you talking per muscle group? does it matter if its small or big muscle?

Another thing is when i go to sit on the toilet to and try to urinate. Thats when my hamstring muscles start to have jolty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    How many reps are you talking per muscle group? does it matter if its small or big muscle?
    Big muscle groups are easier to focus on. Go until it fatigues and becomes weaker or no longer fires. High reps are ideal for neuromuscular reeducation.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery