Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Oracing motorbike RR

New Oracing motorbike RR

As some of you know i bought time ago a firefly
    I just can say is probably one of the better things in what i have spent my money, and this kind of toy for people whose dissability let them use it is the best thing you could buy.

Well, but of course everything could be improvement, and Oracing decided once i had mine to do their own Electric Handcycle.

You can see some pics of the Oracing RR here has near the double of autonomy of mine and double maximum speed, we are speaking about around 30km/h (they said me 38km/h, but i don`t believe until i try it

I must thank you Toto for your review of the firefly, as it convinced me to buy one for my son, and it has been great for him.

But I won't be showing my son the oracing version...he scares me enough with the speed of the firefly!

But I will enjoy seeing future videos of you trying it out!!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    But I won't be showing my son the oracing version...he scares me enough with the speed of the firefly!

But I will enjoy seeing future videos of you trying it out!!
    Don`t worry about that, i have speaked with Oracing and they have told me that the RR is going to be selled with the speed limited at 15km/h, and are not going to tell to customers how to take out the speed limit, because the real maxium speed in flat surfaces is 39km/h and that is to much speed for a guy in a wheelchair.

But i know how to take out the limit of the computer to get the maximum power and cause skidding the rear wheels of my chair in curves , the marathon plus fuming lol

Looks nice. I'll need to add that to the web page I have with power handbikes. Any idea about the price or where to find specs? I couldn't find much on their website about it.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    As some of you know i bought time ago a firefly
    I just can say is probably one of the better things in what i have spent my money, and this kind of toy for people whose dissability let them use it is the best thing you could buy.

Well, but of course everything could be improvement, and Oracing decided once i had mine to do their own Electric Handcycle.

You can see some pics of the Oracing RR here has near the double of autonomy of mine and double maximum speed, we are speaking about around 30km/h (they said me 38km/h, but i don`t believe until i try it
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Looks nice. I'll need to add that to the web page I have with power handbikes. Any idea about the price or where to find specs? I couldn't find much on their website about it.
    It`s a new product that is why isn`t in their web yet, ì`m not really sure about the exactly price, but i think is around 2500 euros.

any pictures?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBiker View Post
    any pictures?
    Click on the link, there are pics.

It would be great if Oracing proposed a quad friendly handle bar option as the Firefly does not have it.

Oracing put some photo's of the Oracing RR Electric 3rd wheel on their website, but still no specs. It's listed as €3,432 (US $4,464), which is more expensive than the RioMobility Firefly (€1,950) but cheaper or on par with other Power Handbikes, i.e., Stricker Lipo Lomo (€5290), Reha-Technik Speedy E-Light (€4642), ROAM E-Bike (€3,965), Batec E-Handbike (€3,390), Team Hybrid Viper (€3,321). If anyone has seen specs, I would be curious.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Oracing put some photo's of the Oracing RR Electric 3rd wheel on their website, but still no specs. It's listed as €3,432 (US $4,464), which is more expensive than the RioMobility Firefly (€1,950) but cheaper or on par with other Power Handbikes, i.e., Stricker Lipo Lomo (€5290), Reha-Technik Speedy E-Light (€4642), ROAM E-Bike (€3,965), Batec E-Handbike (€3,390), Team Hybrid Viper (€3,321). If anyone has seen specs, I would be curious.

What do you mean when you said if anyone has seen specs?