Thread: Out of the Blue - Real Sick !

Out of the Blue - Real Sick !

Bill hasn't been able to keep anything down for 2 days now - last night and today was better but it's started up again tonight . He hasn't had anything substantial to eat since Monday - I keep trying to get him to drink whatever he can - water - gator aide ! I think he's dehydrated - there is very little output in his night bag - same for his ileostomy bag ! His vomit is very dark but not coffee grounds !

He's not running a fever. But it looks like it's the hospital in the morning ! He's on the downside of a uti and was actually feeling better on the weekend - I don't get it. He went from feeling better to not so good in 2 days

SCI sucks and this is getting old - and so are we !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Sorry to hear Obie, how is his blood pressure?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Any updates? Hope you guys got checked out by the hospital!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Sorry to hear this Obie. Even sorrier that I don't have any suggestions. Just hope Bill starts to feel better soon.

I had a less than 24 hour bout with something that really knocked me down. Intestinal something with diarrhea. I slept for hours in between caring for the needs of GJ. We got through it, but it was miserable. I couldn't eat or drink anything even though I understand how important it is to stay hydrated during these kinds of events. If it goes on much longer, you need to get him IV hydration. Some doctors will find a way to do that at home, but unfortunately, it usually needs hospitalization.

NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)

Oh Obie-that stinks. Maybe getting a bag of fluids will get things going.
    I hope you don't get it.
    I've got bronchitis and aide's kids puking sick.
    Dave out of hospital for uti and I'm pushing fluids.
    Sending good thoughts north.

Sending hugs and prayers!

My friend just went through that as well. He ended up in the hospital. Sounds like it is going around. Hoping Bill gets better soon!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

As dangerous as hospitals are, I'm also advocating iv fluids these days. I couldn't roll over 3 days ago. Umpteen bags of iv fluid later, I'm back about my business, just have to be in the hosp b/c of my iv umbilical cord. Still oozing. Dehydration in major bad juju!

Norovirus (stomach flu) has been epidemic this year. They say you'll be sick for only a day or so but in reality most people feel like hell for a few weeks after.

It is crazy how quick things come on. Hope a Dr is on the case now.