Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-Span to cover Stem Cells Monday morning

C-Span to cover Stem Cells Monday morning

Starting at 745am Eastern, C-Span will have three hours of it American Perspectives show to cover the Stem Cell issue.

I think we need to change the laguage of embrionic stem cells to blysocist stem cells. Wouldnt that be more accurate. We need to change the laguage and frame the debate against how the conservative right would.

For those who do not have cable television or the time to sit in front of a television for three hours, you can either watch C-Span listen to C-SPAN radio at:

• 90.1 FM WCSP-FM C-SPAN Radio Washington/Baltimore
    • XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio

I listen to C-SPAN radio over internet, using real player and the following link: rtsp://rx-wes-sea42.rbn.com/farm/pull/tx-rbn-sea04:1259/encoder/cspan/g2cspan/live/cspan4db.rm

Just a reminder if you aren't watching...
    Weldon is speaking now.

...and he didn't mention Susan in his ASC plea... how odd.

I was the last caller during Robert George's segment. He mentioned ESCs forming tumors, so I asked about treating them with retinoic acid and he basically side-stepped the question.

-Steven
    ...let's tell it how it is, and how it could be... how it was, and of course, how it should be

I tried to get through but couldn't.
    Steven,
    I wish you had made a statement instead of asking a question. Asking him a question allowed him to manipulate and play on ignorance and fear concerning ESC research and tumors.
    As for Weldon, I think the caller from Seattle Washington did very well at putting his untruths to light. Weldon's a doctor and a lawmaker. Scary.

We do not want to use Ebrionic Stem Cells anyway, we want to use the blastocyst cells.

"No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

You can watch old shows with Realpayer. Its not working for me now for some reason.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2A13163B

Norm, load RealPlayer, hit Ctrl+O, and paste in this link:

rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/wj060605.rm

Sorry hope. I actually expected him to be knowledgable of the subject. My mistake.

Doesn't work. 404

I just checked it and it worked for me. Did you hit Ctrl+O in RealPlayer or your internet browser?

-Steven
    ...let's tell it how it is, and how it could be... how it was, and of course, how it should be