Thread: New Wheelchair advice

New Wheelchair advice

Need some input . C4-5 quad injured almost 19 yrs . I have had 3 Invacare power chairs -- 1 each front , mid , and rear wheel drive. My favorite was the front wheel drive due to superior operation in rough terrain . I like to fish.
    I have recently been to seating clinic with DME and they are bad-mouthing Invacare [ motor problems ] . They , however , are pushing either the front wheel Permobil or the Pride Mobility Q6 Edge . I have always heard Invacare was top of the line , are they still ? I want a chair that is dependable as well as suited for me .

Input please.

Thanks
    Ken

At the shop I work at, we promote Invacare power. Yes, they have had motor problems, but not near as bad has Pride.

Permobile would be my second recommendation.

I have a Q6 Edge. It gets stuck easily outdoors. I watched the Easter egg hunt from the porch today because the ground was too wet for my chair. Someday, I'd like to have tank wheels.
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson