Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norway

Norway

Hi.

23. of April Dr. Young and others will talk in Norway. If near by please come.

Link here; (pdf file)

http://www.regioner.nhf.no/novus/upl...konferanse.pdf

Is there any chance this could be broadcasted or filmed for later use?
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Any news ??
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

any news???

Hi,
    Aside of the day conference, which was very good and informative there was also constructive and good meetings over a three day period, to discuss clinical trials on regeneration on chronic SCI. There were meetings with clinicians from the SCI-units, researchers from UiO and neurosurgeons from the National Hospital (Rikshospitalet). The clinicians are open-minded for new ideas and also professional so they are now looking into the details. As for the neurosurgeons and the way it works over here, there must be some consensus among them for starting trials like this, and that is a good thing because if they comes to a consensus that will be positive for a potential clinical SCI trial. And as it stands now this potential consensus must be worked on by the neurosurgeons, and as for the National Hospital (Oslo University Hospital) approximately 40 neurosurgeons (and that is a lot of neurosurgeons) will have their say before a possible consensus can be achieved. More info will be available later on.

Good job Leif!

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Hi,
    Aside of the day conference, which was very good and informative there was also constructive and good meetings over a three day period, to discuss clinical trials on regeneration on chronic SCI. There were meetings with clinicians from the SCI-units, researchers from UiO and neurosurgeons from the National Hospital (Rikshospitalet). The clinicians are open-minded for new ideas and also professional so they are now looking into the details. As for the neurosurgeons and the way it works over here, there must be some consensus among them for starting trials like this, and that is a good thing because if they comes to a consensus that will be positive for a potential clinical SCI trial. And as it stands now this potential consensus must be worked on by the neurosurgeons, and as for the National Hospital (Oslo University Hospital) approximately 40 neurosurgeons (and that is a lot of neurosurgeons) will have their say before a possible consensus can be achieved. More info will be available later on.
    Is this a consensus about whether or not a clinical trial can be conducted in Norway or a consensus about which technology to choose to trial in Norway?

And how will a consensus be reached? It is a voting system?

The reason I ask is that rarely have I seen 5 neurosurgeons agree on anything never mind 40.

Cheers
    Fly Pelican Fly

Here's to you, Leif. Bloody good job.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

thanks for the update Leif
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."