Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crack in butt burning like hell.

burning butt

I have also had the "sitting on the burner" feeling since i was work up from surgery, on really bad days it goes down the backs of my legs and my feet. has been almost 9 years. For a while zanax and norco helped. Not so much anymore. I am now going to Stanford University, have the Chief head of Medicine. He put me on 150mg Oxcarbazepine and by the 29th i will be at 4 pills morning, 4 pills night. Has ordered me naltraxone. I know he's weaning me off the Norco. I was on Dilaudid for a year, stopped the norco, dilaudid did nothing, so back to norco, now will be coming back off. He also wants me to get Delsym, (cough syrup). Will get that today. Supposed to help??
    I have Cauda Equina Syndrome because my injury is L-2, and my conus was crushed. Have harrington rods. I have tried so many drugs over the years i have forgotten what they are. So....if any of this works with the Stanford Doctor, i'll pass it along. I have been there twice. Last pain Dr instantly wanted to put in a spinal cord stimultor. I read Care cure and it didnt seem like the answer. He was not happy when i refused it. This new Dr said i'm not a candidate for it. Thank God i didn't get the 40,000 dollar surgery! Ice packs do help some, sometimes. Depends on how bad it is. I empathize with you!

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesBay View Post
    Do you sleep on your back or your side?

I've had "the burns" for years... I routinely sleep on my side. If I sleep on my back I am in severe pain upon waking and throughout the day.

As Arndog mentions I use diazepam as needed to take a bit of the edge off.
    I am by myself in bed from 10pm until 8 or 9am in morning and sleep on back on Low air loss mattress.

I am going to ask to try the diazepam and Lyrica to try and releive it also. Would like to try what KLD said first and then one or both. Burning not in anus. Actually feels like between buttocks from top of crack to bottom but now includes right ischial.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 04-06-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

C-cream or patches - Yikes! Last thing you probably need is something that gives a heat feeling. That's one thing the capsaicin does. While a sore muscle or an arthritic hand may benefit, it certainly did not help my neuropathic pain, not at all.

Few places could something called 'Burning Butt' be seriously deliberated

Have you ever tried an OTC product called Calmoseptine I'm icon and i use it frequently and you don't smell like a Baby or anything near it, your ROHO or varilite don't get gopped up, and your but doesn't bother you-Medicine Shoppe's usually have it Walgreen's in most stores have it and Walgreen's on line definitely has it and its about 7 bucks for a nice big fat tube of it--if that does not work i would say get a real tight pair of underwear and a script from your Doctor for EMLA cream-yes the tighty whitys are needed because EMLA is an occlusive cream the longer its on and covered up the longer it worksite a mix of 2.5% Lidocaine and 2.5% Prilocaine put on a latex glove smear all over bothersome rear portion remove glove pull up tighty whitys and leave in place,the tighty whitys keep it from spreading and the longer it stays in place the better because it numbs up the area, and works much better than just plain lidocaine jelly or ointment 2.5% that prilocaine makes a huge difference.

Peace

Ernst

I am not a Doctor i was a Nurse,Paramedic/Firefighter and now consumer, please see a Doctor for a qualified opinion!!

I have used calmoseptine since the beginning and when coverage is right, helps a lot.

Very messy stuff also and only baby oil takes it off.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I get burning butt. Itch feels like burn too though. make sure you have no yeast growing there. maybe some tinactin powder will help. or jock itch spray.

it can't hurt to try anyway.

I use the spray on my butt to dry up some skin problems. Little bumps.

The Doc sent me amitriptyline in a 25mg tablet. Ingested the medicine at 10pm and it knocked me out until 5am, never moved an inch. Since I am a C5/6 Quad and spend the night by myself sleeping, I really need to sleep lightly, which I always have, to be aware of bad weather situations, mechanical problems with the house, vandals and intruders. Had to chase away some thieves once and called state troopers twice. Never helped much with the pain, at least from 5am on. Can't say about earlier.

Have requested to try the lidocaine patch, lyrica or diazepam.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 05-08-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

that will give you really nutty dreams, but I think it did help my burn at first.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    that will give you really nutty dreams, but I think it did help my burn at first.
    Yeah, I do believe I did some flying that night. Took me about 45 minutes and repeated attempts to get this quad body to begin to move in the morning.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

The VA pharmacy turned down the Lidocaine patches now the pharmacy insists that I try raising my neurontin dosage from 400mg 4 x day, to 600mg 4 x day (just finshed) and now 800mg 4 x day. Has not made a bit of difference to terrible burning butt pain.

Hope the pharmacy will let me actually try what the Doctor orderes this time.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt