Thread: Bed lifts

Bed lifts

I was wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with mattress lifts. I want to keep the same mattress that I have been using over the years because my body is used to it and I don't have any current skin problems. However, transfers have been a bit more difficult and I'm looking to just raise the bed up and down a foot or so, but keep the same mattress.

Any ideas?

Thank you folks for your consistent wisdom.

We have Lippe IV by Burmeier (Germany) and it works great. It's a bed insert that we could use on our existing bed.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

That looks like what I need. So for queen bed – it will lift the whole mattress up to assistive transfers and mobility. Many thanks. I just need to find a United States representative

We have what is equivalent to a king (I think) with 2 individual mattresses. I'm not sure if there is a model available for one big queen or not.

I there are other posts about high/low powered beds, and maybe doing a search you can find US versions. Here is one I remember because I posted in it http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=130486

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    That looks like what I need. So for queen bed – it will lift the whole mattress up to assistive transfers and mobility. Many thanks. I just need to find a United States representative
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).