Thread: Lift

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lift

Hi members.
    I need to buy a (hoyer) lift, and my insurance is going to pay for it. I am a C6 complete since 1996.
    Initially I found this invacare battery powered lift. http://www.home-med-equip.com/patient-lift
    Then, I searched this website and found valuable info, but need to ask similar question again.

Which lift is better for quad and why?

Carl R. I know you had Trixie lift by Arjo. Was it really good? Do you still have one? or different one? I saw you mentioned it was about $4000. Do you think it is worth over invacare lift which I can pay less than $2000 from the above webpage? It seems very attractive because it folds up and also we can transfer to a car too.

Liz321, You mentioned a sure hands lift. Can I see the video that you saw? You talked about lift here http://carecure.org/forum/showpost.php?p=30724

Any easy pviot user? Any other lift users?
    I will select two lifts and see which lift my insurance can pay for.
    I appreciate any input on this topic.

[This message was edited by JK on 07-22-04 at 11:02 PM.]

Recently we purchased new lifts where I work. We ruled out both Hoyer and Invacare as outdated, ergonomically unsafe for the user, and difficult to use in multiple situations with multiple types of patients. We are only using powered lifts now (no hydralic ones that require pumping, screwing, etc. as they create safety problems for the caregiver).

A ceiling track lift is great if you can afford it (most expensive) but of course is limited to use where it is installed, so cannot be used for car transfers, falls anywhere that is not covered by the system, etc.

A mobile lift can be used anywhere, but requires storage, space underneath what you are transferring to (bed, tub, etc.) and may not roll very well or safely over deep carpet.

The Easy Pivot is an interesting option, but you must be full weight bearing. Given the high incidence of leg fractures due to osteoporosis in people with SCI (which would prevent you from using it for several months) we are not issuing these much anymore.

The lifts that I like the most are made by Arjo (Opera, Trixie) or Liko (Golvo). Shop around for price too....there is a wide variation, esp. on-line, and once and a while a real bargin comes up on eBay. If you find something used, be sure to do a search for possible safety recalls, as there have been a number of these in the last few years.

This lift is a good deal and a very nice lift, and shipping is included:
    Maximove

I would NOT recommend this older model that is the same price:
    Maxilift

Here is a site where you can find lift products and links to nearly all the companies.
    http://www.patientsafetycenter.com/T...ourceGuide.htm

(KLD)

[This message was edited by SCI-Nurse on 07-23-04 at 09:22 AM.]

Thank you SCI-Nurse.
    You pointed exact my concern about Easy Pivot. Umm.. You also like Arjo or Liko. I never heard about these two companies before I searched this forum, but both companies' lift looks really good.

I am still looking forward to hearing from other people.

bump