Thread: Fentanyl products

Fentanyl products

Hi. I am new to the group. I have Leukemia and have been battling it for several years. As time as progressed, my pain has become worse. The chemo I take causes bone pain which enhances the bone pain from the Leukemia. I have been on Duragesic patches for the last 2 years with Vicodin for breakthrough pain. The Vicodin just doesn't work very well. It takes to long to begin working. I am being started on Actiq lollipops tomorrow and am scarred to death. All the warnings and stuff regarding breathing problems and death from overdose. Will someone who actually uses this drug either confirm or belay my fears? Please help

This is a forum for people with spinal cord injuries, not a generic pain forum. Sorry for your health problems but you would probably find better answers on a cancer site.

You would have thought I would have noticed that when registered....I obviously didn't. I am afraid of this drug due to all the reading you have to do before it is prescribed. If you could offer any general info I would appreciate it and I will follow up with a cancer forum. My apologies and thanks.

I have used fentanyl but as a person who aside from being paralyzed from the chest down am healthy would worry that any advice I would give may be incorrect or even dangerous.

FWIW I used it for a month and switched off it because of its adverse mental effects. I work full time and battle constant neuropathic pain. To me it is a balance between being able to think and not being in so much pain I can't.

With some specific questions I may be able to give you some general information. However, your post does not really ask anything-- it just expresses your concerns. I certainly feel for your situation and can understand the fears with a new medication.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

what kind of leukemia do you have? How old are you? I ask because it would help understand what you are dealing with.

Blog Entries
    MSWERLEIN, How did the Actiq work out