Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to deal with liberal hindsight?

how to deal with liberal hindsight?

If you read the boards you know me. Rarely here, not "technically" a vet. I worked intelligence in Nam, marine trained sniper, spec ops, covert in nam typically attached to Airborn. Specialty LRP, long range termination, documented 973 yards double single taps each. Broke my back in a bad insertion, when redeployed took incoming, broke shoulder, back and neck. Repaired then all went to hell about 15 years ago. Stayed in intel then was retired, no longer fit for primary activity. Enough.

So i read the boards and read about the vet starving himself and the anger at the government. ???

I was a grunt, a tool, i terminted 19 targets and unkown combatants in misc encounters and firefights.

I' m highly functional ambulatory with central pain fused C23, L345, T issues.

I'm not fucking going to starve mysef, may eat my sidearm someday but wtf? What am i missing. I was a "soldier" conceded no ground to the enemy expected none.

No guilt, just life. Regrets, some, not,many. Not too pissed over the shit care i get, worse than typical vets but...

So what am i missing? How does one say so fucking what? I did my job and was good at it, was on both ends of the long gun but srvived. Why do so many look back with "insight" they see as malice, and why does this SO fucking piss me off? All that i am is all gone, Vietnam the cause, but they've also sent mr to Lao, China, East berlin, Russia. It was my fucking job and frankly i loved it?

It is gettipl
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I don't understand your issue, nobody has a problem with your military accomplishments, sounds like a career to be proud of, are you talking about the Iraq incursion? That's more about going some place where we didn't need to go.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

As opposed to Vietnam? I think you missed his point.

Quote Originally Posted by trekker6 View Post
    I don't understand your issue, nobody has a problem with your military accomplishments, sounds like a career to be proud of, are you talking about the Iraq incursion? That's more about going some place where we didn't need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    As opposed to Vietnam? I think you missed his point.
    I think I did, I haven't heard much discussion of vietnam lately, I know there was a lot of anger towards servicemen back then, but not now, as a marine back then, I never had problems, although I have heard a lot of stories about servicemen that did.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

I see, he's angry at the soldier who's starving himself to death, I could see that soldiers reason for anger towards cheney though, if you send these young guys to war, make sure it's justified, not just cause you're a paranoid piece of crap, love how cheney hid behind his deferments and is so willing to send young men to war.

sorry drugs hit before i finished.

when I came back from Nam I got spit on, but who cares.

re don't belong there. where do we belong? who decides? why Nam, why anywhere, major drug bump not as coherent as I mean to be will pick this up in a few days when i catch up to my meds increase.

but kind of well... need to be more articulate this is coming out wrong.

the front end was intro is all, this is a vets board and i've never posted here so.

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

what years were you in?

Nam 70-72, 2 extended medical leaves and with temp visits/assignments in eastern europe for special projects, active through most of the 80s, then passed my expiration date for my work, injuries caught up.

still catching up to my meds but better.

whne were you in?

more offline sometime. anyone know if our PMs are secure, postings sure aren't even the members only with a touch of tech savvy.

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

I was in 68-72 avionics tech, worked on a-4 skyhawks, applied for recons, but my mos was critical, so they wouldn't let me go, I guess in the end, I was lucky.

I wondered who had access to our PM's.