Thread: Temporary cushion suggestions?

Temporary cushion suggestions?

My 7-month old Roho cushion decided to self combust tonight with me sitting in my chair. We've tried to pump air in, but it doesn't hold. Any suggestions of what to use as a temporary cushion for a day if needed, until I get the cushion to the DME people? I have an old stimulate contour but it raises me up too high...I fall over to the side and flop backwards over the back.

I know opinions vary about cushions but I've been sitting on Jay2 cushions for 19 years. The one time I switched cushions I got a pressure sore within weeks and ended up having a flap surgery. No matter what you choose, I would do a ton of extra pressure releases and check your butt even more often than normal while your sitting on an unfamilar cushion.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by sledgrl View Post
    My 7-month old Roho cushion decided to self combust tonight with me sitting in my chair. We've tried to pump air in, but it doesn't hold. Any suggestions of what to use as a temporary cushion for a day if needed, until I get the cushion to the DME people? I have an old stimulate contour but it raises me up too high...I fall over to the side and flop backwards over the back.
    Can you cut some off of the Stimulite?

Do you have an alternative (older cushion) upon which you can fall back. If not, you will need to have someone fill a bathtub full of water and submerge your Roho cushion, find the leak and try to patch it with the patch material that came with the Roho cushion and then use the pump that came with your cushion to go through the positioning routine. That may be the best way to get you through until you can get your insurance method to replace a 7th month old cushion.

Roho does have a service where they will take back your damaged cushion, do an evaluation and repair/ replace/ or offer you a refurbished cushion based upon their findings. With a seven month old cushion, I would advise you to contact Tom Borcherding at tomb@therohogroup.com, Telephone 1.618.222.3505. Describe you problems in an email. Tom has been very supportive to Roho users on Care Cure Community. I think he may be helpful.

All the best,
    GJ

If it is a Roho Quadtro cushion, you can try pumping it up and then close the valve, then only the section with the leak will lose air, hopefully it is a front quarter.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Tom contacted me after seeing my post, and had a replacement cushion sent to me via overnight express, since my cushion was still under warranty. I'm happily sitting on a new cushion now! Best customer service ever!

YES... Tom is a great guy who cares.

Art
    Art

I agree, he does care, glad you're rockin' and Roho'in again.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

If only seven months old send it back to Roho, I found them to be very good replacing a cushion under warranty. I would not patch it, I would try and get a new one. Sorry, no suggestions on a good temp cushion which was you real question and what you were seeking help with.