Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Started Prialt yesterday

kipee yi yi yay

If thsi works i will travel again gallop into town swill a few beers, rope some cattle, ride a heifer (in my dreams) and generally raise a rucus.

thanks for the well wishes

and from all, will be updates as availabe.

ket

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Hi KK (Bolefen) - if this Prialt works and you ride off into the sunset on your horse all better and painless, will you from time to time come by here and say howdy to the rest of us in Dante's 3rd ring of hell? ;-)

I wish you the best as always.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Do u have prialt and baclofen in your pump at the same time?

sorry the delay, yes both baclofen and prialt in the pump

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

I truly hope this is the one that is going to make a difference.

bollefen where in the spine/level did they connect the pump? I wonder if it would help me a C 4/5 complete with my pain in my back, hip and stomach.

i know this will sound stupid but what type of pain do you have and where?

I'm prayin it works for you..
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

I tried it several years ago and I'm still suffering the side effects. For me, it may my pain much sharper and it really screwed with my memory. I still have lots of problems with my memory, frequently forgetting stuff that was just told to me. I've heard that happens to a lot of people who try it and the doctors office I went through to get it barely ever office it anymore. I've finally just learned to deal with it. Now my central pain is pretty bad but I have really bad back pain that I can barely handle. I'm hoping once I'm off bed rest it will ease up some. I hope it works for you
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Very potent, very complicated, usually the cathetercgoes in around L1-2 not exactly sure where mine is i'm nasty L1 down and highT and C2-3. while the natural flow of spinal fluid goes down diffusion spreads it all the way up.

My doc is very experienced with it and believes the standard protocol ftom trial through "normal" dosage is flawed and skewed too high. Also believes therecare undocumented drug interactions, so careful about cocktails.

Due respect to rye who gave me much info, he posted similar issues with opiates. i don't know what he takes but while trying opiates i had memory issues with a gap remaing covering the opiate heavy usage period. i also had too much general anesthesua, which also causes permanent memory issues.

Fwiw my memory is decent niw save the drug holes. Not on prialt long enough to access any impact.

Low dose no real effect yet, doc advised likeky 3 titrations before positive results with side effects possible from the first IT pump fill. Nausea fist week but that also coincided withna major baclofen increade.

Re efficacy, i got spasms, spinal seizures (my docs words) from nipples down and the baclofen put in somewhere around lower lumbar, is effective in helping manage the chronic tone ans spaz up to my nipples.

Have you trialed a pain pump at all?

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

pain

Central pain syndrome neck down, bad spinal, abdominal an d horrible below my waist, fire, electric shocks, burning, lancinating.

If prialt helps but screws with my memory i'll stay on it. was weeks away from self termination and extended the timeline to adequately try the prialt.

Nothing else has worked, nothing, not at all, ans i am done, this is the last stop for me.

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Holy Crap Batman, copay is $2254.48 what a break from the $5000. Need to talk to the insurance company I can't manage that every 6-7 weeks. If this is it, I'll have to abort the Prialt therapy. FUck my life, I actually have hope this might work.

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    Holy Crap Batman, copay is $2254.48 what a break from the $5000. Need to talk to the insurance company I can't manage that every 6-7 weeks. If this is it, I'll have to abort the Prialt therapy. FUck my life, I actually have hope this might work.

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH
    Didn't you say once you hit your annual deductible there wouldn't be any co-pay?