Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Central Pain Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by jbridges9 View Post
    I've tried this and it helps me sleep and helps with spasticity, I find it intensifies my pain especially with the last few batches I've gotten. What's your secret?
    It intensifies mine too. We are in the minority here lol. Alcohol also intensifies my pain if I drink daily. It gets to the point that I can't stand it.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I've tried this and it helps me sleep and helps with spasticity, I find it intensifies my pain especially with the last few batches I've gotten. What's your secret?
    This has been my experience with marijuana too. It helps the structural pain but not the burning nerve pain. You know me from another site and you also know I have relentless burning pain all over from my neck down.

I've spoken to other people about the medical marijuana thing and they too have had similar experiences with it exaggerating nerve sensation.

I will say that edibles and tincture do tend to get rid of the structural pain, and help me sleep without very much burning nerve pain, but those have the effects come on slowly. Smoking it hits my system too fast and the first response is the nerves. The next day is also horrible as far as sensation goes.

My doctor is currently trying me on a blend of neurontin and lyrica at the moment (2 lyrica and 2 neurontin daily) and adding in some evening primrose oil (with doctor's approval)

I hope things went well with the pain management visit.
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Angry

Hi, not sure about any secrets, nerve pain and relief seems to vary with each case, everyone is different. When I was on gabapentin and lyrica I tried for a few months to wein myself off these with no luck at first. These drugs made me tired I could fall asleep sitting in my wheelchair, which I did everyday, had no appettite, was gaining weight from the drugs.

I was afraid to medicate with too much weed , get stoned and have a accident doing transfers, etc. I also have 2 teenage sons in the house with whom I did not want to let them know what I was doing so I started vaporizing pot when I could, I eventually was able to use more and more without getting too stoned which allowed me to drop the other meds.

The vaporizer I use is digitally adjustable for temperature and I've found different temps release different cannabinoids and I found the higher temps give better pain relief for me. The nice thing about the vaporizer is you can adjust the effectiveness of the weed by temperature.

I am so glad I found this medication for me and the right tool to use it with. It would be nice if you could try a vaporizer with different settings to see if you could get something to work. It took me a few months to get were I'am now but it was worth it big time. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by willvape View Post
    I'm a t7 complete , was on gabapentin and lyrica, hated the side effects and they were not effective. 6 months ago quit them completely. The only relief I get now is with marijuana using a vaporizer, instant relief, easy to regulate amount required, very little smell, no carcinagins from combustion ,very healthy way to use a natural plant, Its too bad people could not try this option with all the healthy ways there is to comsume.
    I seem to ask this a lot, what strain of cannabis works best for you?

an observation. I sometimes fixate on things when using MJ. I started having waaaay to many occurences of this and God knows it is bad enough without fixating on it. I have dramatically reduced my usage from daily to near nil, actually on a 1 month break will retry but a bit scared to. YMMV

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I don't get how people use MJ but then complain about the CNS side effects of , for example,Neurotin. I am sure there is an explanation.

What about the amotivational syndrome from MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoman View Post
    I hope this provides something that can help you,
    Clayton
    Geoman, do you use any blood thinners?

I have read that Cannabis Indica is better for pain than Sativa.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    Geoman, do you use any blood thinners?
    Crabbyshark, no I don't use any blood thinners. I had DVT's in rehab and required wolfram, but not since. Why do you ask this?

Clayton
    "Wheelie Wanna Walk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    I seem to ask this a lot, what strain of cannabis works best for you?
    I have not tried different strains, the one I use is a cross between sativa and indica. It works for me so I haven't had to look or try other strains but if I could I would just to experiment. I live in bum f--k no were , no cell service 4 wheel drive only in the winter, so I'm not anywhere near a dispensory or suppliers to try something different but I'd sure like to try some other strains as long as I got my current meds for back-up.