Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just more WALKING

Just more WALKING

Internet connection died, but was GREAT! Been walking around house 2-3X/day. AM parking wc in bathroom. STAND UP. USE WALKER TO TOILET. TURN AROUND WITH WALKER. UN BUTTON JEANS. SIT ON TOILET AND GO. STAND BACK UP. PULL JEAN UP INCLUDING BUTTON AND ZIPPER. WALK BACK TO WC. And move on. This each time need toilet, unless emergency. My mother showed me was talking too big of step. Also walkig around house. Even falling.
    Last edited by rlmtrhmiles; 03-19-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Internet connection died, but was GREAT! Been walking around house 2-3X/day. AM parking wc in bathroom. STAND UP. USE WALKER TO TOILET. TURN AROUND WITH WALKER. UN BUTTON JEANS. SIT ON TOILET AND GO. STAND BACK UP. PULL JEAN UP INCLUDING BUTTON AND ZIPPER. WALK BACK TO WC. And move on. This each time need toilet, unless emergency. My mother showed me was talking too big of step. Also walkig around house. Even falling.
    Wish I could do that . I would probaly leave the wheelchair behind for good

I have a doctor appontment in 2 weeks. May be a far fetched idea, but may leave wheelchair at home and just take walker. Doctor probably fall over dead. My injury was 2002. Have done my own therapy and basically said start over being a baby and see what happens.

Good for you!
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Red face

wondwrful take the chair and walker walk in have someone video priceless great job

Awesome! What is your level of injury?

I do all of this myself at home. I was in auto accident in 2002. Injury level, truthfully I wish I could get a straight answer. I was in hospital 5 + years. Very hard to describe all that went wrong. Broken back which still does not match with what I am doing. Collapsed lung. 3 comas - 1st almost 6 months. Almost 90 operations. Was not originally released from ICE 1st time after 1/1-2 years. wrecked my hearing. This goes on and on and on.

I am actually learning to walk backwards with walker at the toilet. Can pretty much undo jeans to sit at toilet and stand pack up and put them back together. I REFUSE to have any kind of assistance mounted anywhere. If I fall, I learn how to fall as well get back up I have getting tempted to try walker on driveway incline. CANNOT use a walker in grass.

If I can get, permanently to the wheelchair behind, I have evey intention of donating chair I just bought to someone in dire need.

Great job. That is awesome!

I might ask your doctor if they could refer you to get some physical therapy now. You are making such good progress.... just think, if you get some expert input you might improve even faster!

Well done. Definitely try taking a walker into your next appointment. And when you see a physical therapist, ask about forearm crutches.