Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to second guess my chair choice? Quickie Q7...

Anyone want to second guess my chair choice? Quickie Q7...

I've had a Quickie Q7 for 3 years. I am T3 incomplete.

I am just gonna order the same chair again, insurance pays $2,500 each 3 years....so I'm up for another.

The only thing I didnt like about the Q7 was the tendancy for the bolts to snap and fail. I needed to replace most with stainless steel....

Any better alternatives???

Thanks

M

As you have probably seen on the boards...you either love or hate the Q7. Personally, from my friends who have had them...I do not like them since their welds seem to consistently break and they have been nothing but problems for them...but others love them. I hate Quickies in general since I do not think they build a good product. I personally like TiLite...and since my insurance pays for them...I will probably stick with them.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Upon receipt of my TiLite AeroZ, I replaced virtually all the fasteners. I used stainless steel in low-stress places, and chromed Grade-8 fasteners in high-stress places (e.g., axle mounts). Stainless steel is actually softer than Grade-5 steel (black and zinc-plated fasteners). I swapped them out to eliminate corrosion problems created by Nebraska winters.

So breaking fasteners would not affect my chair decision.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Something I generally look for in a wheelchair is holding together under normal use.

"Prone to falling apart" isn't on my shopper's checklist! Neither is "requires immediate rebuilding for acceptable performance."

YMMV.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Can't believe you would buy a Quicke Q7 ... even I have more sense than that!

What don't you like about TiLite?

Oracing!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

They are both good products with pros and cons for each. My fully adjustable Quickie Ti is lighter than my non-adjustable TiLite ZR with the same options. That makes my Quickie Ti better than my TiLite ZR for my shoulder when transferring in/out of the car. But my TiLite ZR rides better and is easier to push.

Forget all the opinions unless they have something to support them. In the end, you have to go with what matters to you. Do you want an adjustable or customized chair? How much does weight matter to you? What options are important to you that one company may offer but the other doesn't?

I went through hell with my Q7 never again will I order a quickie! Cracking where the welds are not my ideal of fun. I have scars from my Q7 quickie replaced the frame and its sat in the corner of my living room since then. Gave it to my niece and she gave it back and told me she didn't have a death wish. Mind you she's 11. Flipped her out 1 time after that she wanted nothing to do with it. Oh we'll nothing I can do about it. My insurance wasted money on a chair I never really got to use. When quickie desired to replace the frame they took 4 months to do it.
    Last edited by randomryan007; 03-19-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Some good points there. I do like the (lack of) weight of this chair. I've never had the welds fail, just some of the bolts. The brakes are crap too, now I think of it. They used to hold, but now the joionts are worn and they just pop-off....with hilarious consequences....

My plan is to have 1 chair at home and 1 chair at work. Then drive a regualr car insted of my Town & Country van. The walker will carry me the few steps at either end.....

Read the reviews online regarding the Q7 ... no way.

Invest in some locking hub brakes as well.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I'm gonna ask the United Seating guy to tell me about Tilite.....because I was not impressed with the Q7 in some respects.... thanks all