Thread: Recover from complete to incomplete

Recover from complete to incomplete

Is anybody here who got the diagnose ASIA A but still improved function?? Or do you guys know somebody who did?? Looking forward to answers!!

Thank you

Several studies have found that approximately 30% converted from initial AIS A to incomplete AIS B by 12 months post injury.

Here is a good article to review about this:

http://www.spinalcord.ar.gov/Resources/Prognosis%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf

(KLD)

I was originally diagnosed T12 ASIA A and am walking now. However I think it was more of a misdiagnosis than a miracle. I left inpatient rehab a weak ASIA C.

Matt Courson was a T9 ASIA A who made huge gains after going to Kennedy Kreiger. He was the product rep for my FES bike. Great guy. Ended up walking the stage at his graduation from UMBC in 2011.

Not sure how functional his walking is, but it is possible.

I was originally diagnosed and told I had a transected spinal cord -Now I walk with crutches. Like above post, not a miracle, rather a misdiagnosis. What ever you are, there is no more understanding by giving it a name or classification. Just work very hard to move what you have - watch out for people promising recovery by you giving them your money for 'therapy'. There is a whole industry out there that does that. It boils down to staying fit, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, and not getting overweight. and depressed. I got involved with parasports right away. Don't wait till you can walk to get involved in things you can do.

YEP! Like arndog pretty much says, beat the crap out of yourself to do things. I am doing thisnearly 11 years later and got myself walking in my house with walker. Actually slowly starting freestanding by doing from my knees.