Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My TiLite TR3 / Insurance Approved FINALLY

My TiLite TR3 / Insurance Approved FINALLY

...but with a hitch (Aetna). They don't want to pay for the Spinergy LX wheels. What good is a chair without the wheels?

My DME suggested I go with the Golz Twin-Star Exchange Wheel since TiLite is offering them at no cost. Has anyone had any long term experience with these wheels? If so, what is your opinion? Should I push for the Spinergy LX wheels?

I'll be sure to post photos once I get the chair. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by ResonantEcho; 03-17-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Congrats ! I personally like the look of both sets of wheels. I have LX's on both of my chairs, but enjoy the look of the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    ...but with a hitch (Aetna). They don't want to pay for the Spinergy LX wheels. What good is a chair without the wheels?

Weight was not an isue for me, so I was glad to accept an AeroZ with heavy aluminum accessories and stock Spinergy wire wheels. If Aetna approved the TR because of a weight issue (even partially), I would think they should pay for the Spinergy LX.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

My DME suggested I go with the Golz Twin-Star Exchange Wheel since TiLite is offering them at no cost. Has anyone had any long term experience with these wheels? If so, what is your opinion? Should I push for the Spinergy LX wheels?

I'll be sure to post photos once I get the chair. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Free does raise ones doubts, but these wheels look good and are worth considering. I can't find their weight to make that comparison though if that is a concern.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

My DME suggested I go with the Golz Twin-Star Exchange Wheel since TiLite is offering them at no cost.
    Wow. Really? These are normally an $895 upgrade. I would double check with the DME. I like the looks of them but have no personal experience.

E
    Last edited by Essie; 03-18-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: poor English
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Free does raise ones doubts, but these wheels look good and are worth considering. I can't find their weight to make that comparison though if that is a concern.
    According to Out-Front the weight is 3.56 lbs for a pair of 24".

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    Congrats ! I personally like the look of both sets of wheels. I have LX's on both of my chairs, but enjoy the look of the other one.
    Thanks, Colin. I can't wait to be sitting in a new chair. I'm hoping the measurements are more to my liking this time.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Weight was not an isue for me, so I was glad to accept an AeroZ with heavy aluminum accessories and stock Spinergy wire wheels. If Aetna approved the TR because of a weight issue (even partially), I would think they should pay for the Spinergy LX.
    Weight isn't really an issue for me as well. Luckily I have plenty of strength in my upper body. However, age is catching up with me. I've been experiencing pain here and there in my elbows and shoulders. Then again, it may be a result of the chair I'm currently in (Top End Titanium). It's been a good chair for 10 years but I'm constantly having to adjust the camber bar, replace breaking spokes every month or so (Spinergy), etc. Also, wasn't perfectly measured for me. I'm hoping the new chair will take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Essie View Post
    Wow. Really? These are normally an $895 upgrade. I would double check with the DME. I like the looks of them but have no personal experience.

E
    I'm assuming that is the case. When I received an email from ATG Rehab letting me know everything had been approved but the wheels the person who measured me responded a few minutes later. He said if they refuse to pay for the Spinergy wheels TiLite was offering the Golz Twin-Star wheels at no cost. They look nice and sturdy, but I wanted to see if anyone here has been using them for their everyday wheels.

I have aetna as well. They are weird about what they will pay for. I could get the High CF Jetstream back or the Low one but not the mid one. I would push for the LX wheels, I got them to pay for them.

ETA: It is interesting you said pain in your elbow. That is how I got approved for a K5009 (I think that is it) chair. CF camber tube, lightweight everything. I was getting bursitis in my elbow from xfering my AeroZ (getting old is a bitch).