Thread: Wise? About exercise: I have a (FES) stim. bike, but don't use it: however I do other therapy and my

Wise? About exercise: I have a (FES) stim. bike, but don't use it: however I do other therapy and my

I am a quadriplegic C5, C6. A year after my injury we made a purchase. We bought a (FES) stimulation bike for my legs, and it for two years we used it about two to three times a week, but my father works very late now and we have not done the bike for roughly 2 years. However, I use the uppertone every other day, and stand for an hour every day. I also use these boots that inflate with air pressure and help circulate the pressure in my legs for about 45 minutes every day.

So, my question is:

How much of an impact of not using the exercise bike is going to have on my recovery if and when a cure comes, or I decide to go somewhere like Dr. lima?

[This message was edited by Dann21 on 05-17-05 at 02:07 PM.]

FES and standing will help delay osteoporosis if initiated soon after injury and will also help prevent muscle atrophy. Our bones and muscles will need to be in working condition when the cure arrives.