Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My WC

wtf – Glad you love your new Ride. Been out with the FreeWheel stashed back in the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn View Post
    Sweet looking chair. I also ordered my TR3 with the ADI backrest and the CF side guards. I decided to not use either items because they added considerable weight to a chair that's suppose to be very lightweight.

Speaking of weight. I decided to weigh my chair on a wheelchair scale over the weekend. I was surprised to see my chair tipping the scales at 23lbs which I thought was heavy. This was with 24" LX wheels with Surge handrims but without the ADI backrest and the CF side guards. I couldn't imagine how much heavier it'd be with those extra items. I'd say easily 30lbs.
    The titanium camber tube on your chair is a good bit heavier than the carbon fiber CT. (What made you choose it?) It's heavier also than their aluminum CT (though TiLite insists that customers who want to use power assisted devices have aluminum CTs -- go figure). The Marathon Plus Evo tires are great but they're about 1# heavier per pair than a set of RightRuns. Lastly, a fixed back frame would have also saved you a bit of weight. And lastly lastly, the ADI back that you bought (and sold) had bulkier hardware than the Fixed Elite option that they offer. More hardware = more weight.

I personally like a solid seat pan and solid back rest.if I would have gone with the TR3 I would have gone with carbon fiber seat pan and back rest. Witch I did do on my icon.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The titanium camber tube on your chair is a good bit heavier than the carbon fiber CT. (What made you choose it?)
    I wanted the CF CT but then opted out because I read some users having issues where the metal from the receiving end of the tube had become seperated from the CF. I damn sure didn't want that possibility with my chair. I'm the type that lives by the "set it and forget it" motto. one less worry means much more enjoyment from a product.

The Marathon Plus Evo tires are great but they're about 1# heavier per pair than a set of RightRuns.
    I was sold on these tires when I bought my first set a few years ago. right about the same time that I quit having flat tire issues. I haven't had one flat tire since I've been using the Marathons. so the extra pound in weight is well deserved in my opinion.

Lastly, a fixed back frame would have also saved you a bit of weight.
    I need a folding backrest because I load and unload my chair daily from my car.

I wanted the CF CT but then opted out because I read some users having issues where the metal from the receiving end of the tube had become seperated from the CF. I damn sure didn't want that possibility with my chair. I'm the type that lives by the "set it and forget it" motto. one less worry means much more enjoyment from a product.

I was sold on these tires when I bought my first set a few years ago. right about the same time that I quit having flat tire issues. I haven't had one flat tire since I've been using the Marathons. so the extra pound in weight is well deserved in my opinion.

I need a folding backrest because I load and unload my chair daily from my car.
    All reasonable choices. But that's where the unexpected weight is coming from.

I did order the CF side guards as well. They weigh nothing but the aluminum mounting hardware is pretty bulky so I decided not to use them. I will probably sell them too.

Nice looking whip WTF. I agree with the rim/spoke situation, look into it.

Sweet looking chair. I also ordered my TR3 with the ADI backrest and the CF side guards. I decided to not use either items because they added considerable weight to a chair that's suppose to be very lightweight.

Speaking of weight. I decided to weigh my chair on a wheelchair scale over the weekend. I was surprised to see my chair tipping the scales at 23lbs which I thought was heavy. This was with 24" LX wheels with Surge handrims but without the ADI backrest and the CF side guards. I couldn't imagine how much heavier it'd be with those extra items. I'd say easily 30lbs.
    I don't know how much my chairs weighs. I didn't get the fixed backrest so I do have more hardware but the chair is light even with the CF ADI back. I lift my chair with the ADI back still on and I don't think its made the chair heavier when lifting into my car. I do take the cushion, side guards and wheels off when breaking down my chair. I'm a quad so I rely more on my technique rather than strength when lifting my chair into my car.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child