Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum so I'll post some pics of my new TiLite TR3 chair

New to the forum so I'll post some pics of my new TiLite TR3 chair

Hi guys and gals. I just joined the forum so I figured I'd post a quick review of my new TiLite TR3 chair that I just received last week. This is my first TiLite chair because I have always used either Quickie or Invacare chairs. I decided to try TiLite because I have heard nothing but good things about the company and their chairs. Therefore I figured I'd give them a shot. this is by far my most expensive chair I've bought yet. however, the quality is definitely there so therefore I do feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

First things first. The chair is just awesome. my previous chair was an Invacare Crossfire T6 was I always thought was pretty light. That was until my TR3 came along. this new chair seems like a featherweight compared to my Crossfire T6. I love the natural, satin finish of the TR3. I decided to go with the natural finish due to several people telling me how durable it is. I've heard light scuff or scratch marks can be buffed out with the included Scotchbrite pad.

I've also heard the titanium chairs absorb vibration much better than aluminum chairs. I can honestly say I didn't notice too much of a difference between the old and new chair. I do love the single fork option I chose along with the Spinergy LX wheels that are ridiculously light. they are even lighter than my Crossfire T6 wheels which were carbon fiber. The spokes are red even though they might look pink in one of the pics. I also love the brakes on the chair which I'm told are made from composite plastic which is suppose to be super strong but much lighter than the regular brakes which are made from aluminum.

I will post a pic of myself and my wife along with my Camaro which is my toy. the chair in the pic is my old Crossfire T6 which is going in to temporary retirement until I can rebuild it.

Here's a few pics of my newest chair that I love so far.

Last edited by ozziegn; 03-12-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Beautiful chair! Congrats.

Regarding vibration absorption, the Crossfire T6 is an open-frame chair, which is more flexible than a box-frame chair like the TR. The box frame's inherent rigidity trumps whatever additional vibrations the titanium absorbs over the aluminum open frame.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Handsome.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Nice looking ride Ozziegn...and welcome to the forums.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Welcome to the forums!

Lovely looking chair, making me seriously consider a TR3 for my next chair. This is probably the only box frame chair that takes my fancy. Thanks for posting pics
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Welcome!

I can't imagine why anyone would want anything other than the cantilevered chairs now that they're here (been using a chair almost 28yrs now). The L-shaped frames I mean.

I don't miss the extra frame underneath - at all.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Welcome!

I can't imagine why anyone would want anything other than the cantilevered chairs now that they're here (been using a chair almost 28yrs now). The L-shaped frames I mean.

I don't miss the extra frame underneath - at all.
    yeah, my previous Crossfire T6 chair was like that. However, I'm having no problems or issues loading my new chair in my car even though it does have an extra section of frame underneath.

In the future, please limit photos you post to a maximum of 700 pixels in width or height. Thanks.

(KLD)

I´m looking for a TiLite ZRA here in germany but its kind of difficult........im just wondering about the seat cushion. For me it looks a little bit to high.i have a very small one right now and its still comfortable. its called stimulite sport seat cushion but i dont know if its available in the US. Any TiLite chair ive seen has such a cushion on it. someone who has a smaller one???

I've always had to use high profile cushions because I'm pretty small barely tipping the scales at 100lbs. therefore, I need all the cushion protection I can get.