Thread: Disneys new accessible rooms All Star resort - Amazing

Disneys new accessible rooms All Star resort - Amazing

I'm in Orlando for a conference and booked a standard accessible room for 4 adults and the Disney All Star Music resort. The description was 1 King bed and 1 Double bed with a roll-in shower. I was nervous since I've never seen or heard of a room combo like this.

They've literally taken 2 rooms and made it one room. The first room has a kind bed, all accessible, second mini fridge and roll- in shower (I asked for a shower chair also). There's a connecting door into a second room that has 2 double beds and a regular bathroom. I'm able to roll around both rooms, but the bathroom is smaller in the second room.

You get 2 rooms, but the other room doesn't have a number and you don't pay more. The front desk said if people reserve a king accessible with 2 adults then you just get the king room. If you request accessible and 3-4 adults you get both rooms. Your room key also opens both doors. They also have the family accessible suites that sleep up to 6.

Will post pictures when I return from the conference.

Accessible room pictures added

We stayed in room 9618 at the Disney All Star Music resort. The reservation was for 4 adults in a "1 King, 1 Double, ADA, roll-in shower" room. I was able to navigate the rooms with a chair about 30" wide including wheels.

Accessible room had wider doorways, roll-in shower, grab bars, 2 mini fridges, and the king bed.
    Attachment 49071
    Attachment 49070
    Attachment 49072

All of the rooms have the new technology that allow you to tap your room key / resort ID against the pad on the door. No need to turn a key or insert a card like most hotels.
    Attachment 49075

accessible bathroom pictures

Here's the pictures of the accessible bathroom. The toilet and shower were in there own room with a sliding track-door. The sink was in the same area as the closet (that had lowered hanging bars).

Attachment 49076
    Attachment 49077
    Attachment 49078

connecting room pictures

The connecting room was including in our reservation for no additional charge. There is not a seperate room number on that room; Disney has taken it off-line and it's part of the "1 king, 1 double" rooms now...but you actually get two double beds instead of one. Your room key works both rooms. I was able to roll around the room some, although it was tighter. The bathroom was a standard tub-shower and the sink was seperate. The rooms are connected by the standard double door connection that most hotels offer; however, you can choose to leave them open or closed. The bathroom areas in both rooms also had a curtain you could pull closed.

Attachment 49079
    Attachment 49080
    Attachment 49082
    Attachment 49081