Thread: Can move my toe now after 2 years!! Sign of hope?

Can move my toe now after 2 years!! Sign of hope?

I am an incomplete injury at T-10 and have not been able to move my right foot or toes at all, but yesterday morning I had a weird feeling in my toe and I am now able to move it! Been moving it a lot the past 2 days and I am very excited! Is this a sign that I will be able to move my whole foot soon? Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Thanks

Congrats

Art
    Art

No guarantees, unfortunately, but definitely a good thing. Keep moving and trying to move things!

I began being able to tighten my quads, after 2 years, then my glutes after 4 years, but it took a LOT of trying over and over, then once I found a connection then the process of rebuilding the muscle begins. At first I had to be in a certain position and have help moving it with lots of repetition to find the the connection each time. Then after a while I could find it quicker.

Now a few years later I can just squeeze them at will and am working hard to build them so they can be more useful.

I consistantly try to move my feet, but have gotten nothing. Maybe if you keep trying to move your feet and toes you will begin to "find" some more connection. I wish you well!

Josh, this is wonderful news! keep on trying, or you will never know what is possible!

I am also a t10 also about 2 years post and still making progress keep it up!

My sister just called last week with a story about a man who had a spinal cord injury (Cervical), and for two years was not able to move one single toe. After two years things started waking up, and he slowly gained much back, and now (5 years post) can even walk. Don't give up

Thank you all for the responses! Its been 3 days and now I can move all 5 toes!!!!!!

Yeah !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh017 View Post
    I am an incomplete injury at T-10 and have not been able to move my right foot or toes at all, but yesterday morning I had a weird feeling in my toe and I am now able to move it! Been moving it a lot the past 2 days and I am very excited! Is this a sign that I will be able to move my whole foot soon? Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Thanks
    Josh,

I presume that some signal is reaching the motoneurons controlling your extensor hallucis longus (the muscle controlling extension of your big toe). That is great. I have known several people who have recovered such movement of their toes or fingers two or more years after spinal cord injury.

It is hard to predict what might come next but it is good news.

Wise.

Josh, been off here a while due to Internet, but what you are doing is GREAT! I got all kinds of things, including toes, ass cheeks and just about all things working from hip to toes each leg. As stated above it takes a TON of work. Getting the neurological is the start. I do not know exact sequence, but you now have muscle strength of a baby, or even less, but the body structure and weight of an adult. I suggest move those things with your hands and do it an insane amount. DON'T let your brain, think this happens overnight and get disgusted. You may not "visually" see things happening, but I think if you have the neurological working, you can then build on strangth.