Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    I rest my case.
    Now do the same with your typing.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Really? I fiind Gaga very normal.
    Really? She is butt ugly. and I am not kidding, I think she wears all that wacky stuff because without all that makeup she would break mirrors.

As for the wheelchair, I am with the rum and diet coke girl... who cares?

In emailing this article to my DME lol. I want to know if Medicare will consider since I had to wait almost a year for a part for my chair and 6 weeks for another. Not funny but heck, if you can afford it why not. It's her money. I personally would be embarrassed but if I was clueless to how some people really live, as she probably is, I would probably do same. We have no clue how it is to live as lavishly as some so they probably don't even give our lives a second thought. Now of course I don't mean everyone rich person is that shallow. Just want that to be clear lol

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Really? She is butt ugly. and I am not kidding, I think she wears all that wacky stuff because without all that makeup she would break mirrors.

As for the wheelchair, I am with the rum and diet coke girl... who cares?
    Before fame:

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    You changed your location just because of my reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    You changed your location just because of my reply?
    Why does my location matter.

When your a kinder person, than I will respond to you.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

What's the first thought you have when you see someone in a wheelchair?

Wonder what's wrong with them. At least, that's my thought.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    What's the first thought you have when you see someone in a wheelchair?
    Mine is "what kind of chair are they using?" and I try to figure out the make/model without staring...
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I've always believed there's a difference between men and women born with a disability and those acquired without that puzzle piece in formative years.

No worse nor better - just different.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I think so as well. When I was a teenager I used to say how I felt I was lucky in that I was always disabled and things continued to happen gradually, I never knew life any different. Now I feel thats even more true in a way lol. Because it no longer applies, now there's been enough progress that I DO know a different life and don't know how to come to terms with not being the same person I used to be. Had to start dealing with issues that are more similar to those who have experienced a life changing event and am at a complete loss.

I've never been good at dealing with emotions and feelings though. If I can avoid or deny its easier. Tell everyone how I feel so lucky to be born disabled, and maybe convince myself of it along the way... Focus on wheelchair parts and technology and avoid confronting the fact I'm now going to need to use a wheelchair for the rest of my life. But I do believe that parts of the experience of born disabled or injured later are very different.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.