Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    bring to the attention that Lady Gaga is using a wheelchair as a fashion accessory. I find this behavior to be wrong and disgraceful.
    Don't we all? If I'm going to be seen in a chair out in public, I want it to reflect my personality. I got a blue paint job, blue striped right run wheels, would love anodized unitines and FLSRs...
    This is a custom solid gold 24k wheelchair. It takes planning and premeditation to make something like this. The surgery is not 100% a certain fact.
    Gold plated. Solid gold would be too soft.

Have you seen proof she DIDN'T have surgery? I'm not a big fan, have heard her music on the radio and read various articles. When this came up there were a bunch of articles takling about how much money she was going to lose due to canceling the tour, she has to cover the expenses out of pocket to pay people back.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Don't we all? If I'm going to be seen in a chair out in public, I want it to reflect my personality. I got a blue paint job, blue striped right run wheels, would love anodized unitines and FLSRs...

Gold plated. Solid gold would be too soft.

Have you seen proof she DIDN'T have surgery? I'm not a big fan, have heard her music on the radio and read various articles. When this came up there were a bunch of articles takling about how much money she was going to lose due to canceling the tour, she has to cover the expenses out of pocket to pay people back.
    Lady Gaga has made hundreds of millions of dollars for her record label. She is a HUGE star around the world. I highly doubt they care about money. She has taken a huge decline and I believe this is a stunt not only for more attention but to change her act yet again. We should not allow people to do this. She should be supportive of the spinal cord injury community and or/disabilities if she wishes to portray this image or use her wheelchair in her act for more monetary gain.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

She's paid to be weird. And if she does have a medical condition and needs the chair, more power to her. If she's just doing this for a publicity stunt, well, yah like Spider says, she should do it to the benefit of the disability world. Not to the expense of.

For one thing, I know, if I was her, and I had that kind of money, I'd have so gone for something better than a gold plated depot.... I mean, come on! It's like taking the trouble to gold plate a turd, when there's a choclolate suffle nearby begging to be attended to instead. The cost of the gold plate alone, nevermind whoever she paid to do it, would probably have covered several top end ultralights. If she was gonna do this, she could at least have taken the time to find a decent chair worthy of the gold plate! (And should try to do something good with all this attention she's getting....)

Thank-you for that Voxina.

If she was losing money having to pay out of her pocket for canceling the tour- than the last thing she can afford is a chair like that. Its a slap in the face to her fans.

It doesn't make sense. And how are there photos of her using the chair in shows in Australia if she cancelled show dates?

Maybe it will go away. This is classic case of a mental disorder to think this behavior is acceptable.

How can she sit with us?
    Last edited by spidergirl; 03-16-2013 at 09:49 PM.

I've had several Rum and Diet Sprites tonight so I'll just be totally honest....WHO CARES????? I'm sure she needs it. She is not really that weird when you see her in interviews and such. She just tries to make a statement at every opportunity. I really don't see her exploiting us by using this chair. It kind of inspires me to bling my shit up a bit. People always stare....why not give them something to stare at. I'm totally "trippin" on why so many people are "trippin" about her using this gold plated chair. Who truly gives a shit? I hope she rocks that chair all over Hollywood. I don't see a problem with it.
    The problem I do see is when I see OTHER REAL quads and para's out and about and they discriminate against EACH OTHER! Twice this week I've seen other wheelies and they won't make eye contact. I've donated money and gone to local wheelchair events only to be treated like shit by "my own people" when I'm trying support their fucking event. I'm more offended by that then what they hell "LADY GAGA" is sporting or using as an accessory. We need to make eye contact and be more supportive of each other than worrying about what they hell lady gaga is wearing. Let's get real people!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

And how are there photos of her using the chair in shows in Australia if she cancelled show dates?
    You're confusing her 2011 Sydney appearance, in which she performed costumed as a mermaid in a wheelchair (your photo is from that tour) with the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I've had several Rum and Diet Sprites tonight so I'll just be totally honest....WHO CARES????? I'm sure she needs it. She is not really that weird when you see her in interviews and such. She just tries to make a statement at every opportunity. I really don't see her exploiting us by using this chair. It kind of inspires me to bling my shit up a bit. People always stare....why not give them something to stare at. I'm totally "trippin" on why so many people are "trippin" about her using this gold plated chair. Who truly gives a shit? I hope she rocks that chair all over Hollywood. I don't see a problem with it.
    The problem I do see is when I see OTHER REAL quads and para's out and about and they discriminate against EACH OTHER! Twice this week I've seen other wheelies and they won't make eye contact. I've donated money and gone to local wheelchair events only to be treated like shit by "my own people" when I'm trying support their fucking event. I'm more offended by that then what they hell "LADY GAGA" is sporting or using as an accessory. We need to make eye contact and be more supportive of each other than worrying about what they hell lady gaga is wearing. Let's get real people!

I agree and disagree. I think your missing the point a little bit. We are all starving and craving to get out of our chairs. She needs to come to the plate and help the community if she wishes to pretend to be a disabled person. Its wrong in every which way. We need the help. Not for looks but for a cure for the hundreds and thousands and millions of people young and disabled around the world that have lost the ability to walk and many livelihoods and families destroyed from devastation and tragedy. They can afford too donate 100 million dollars to the doctors and scientists that are trying to cure us.

Every single time she makes monetary gain using the wheelchair whether for a photo or show the community should be acknowledged, have awareness and be recognized and supported. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    You're confusing her 2011 Sydney appearance, in which she performed costumed as a mermaid in a wheelchair (your photo is from that tour) with the present day.
    The photo was sent to me as being new, it could be a similar act. I remember the mermaid but not the wheelchair. She has never owned a wheelchair till now. She has never let photos surface of her posing in a wheelchair.

The point is she is doing it now, and people are aware now.

This is classic case of a mental disorder to think this behavior is acceptable.
    Really? I fiind Gaga very normal.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Have you seen medical records that imply she had a surgery?
    No, Orly Taitz, I haven't.