Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

  1. #121
    Larry Flynt has an SCI. If that's the sole criterion for being written up in New Mobility, then the cover article is relevant.

    But Larry Flynt has no interest in the disability community, no interest in disability activism or rights, and no apparent sense of himself as a disabled person. He's also not very good at managing his own disability. He's pretty much irrelevant to the SCI/disability community, as LaMemChose said.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Larry Flynt has an SCI. If that's the sole criterion for being written up in New Mobility, then the cover article is relevant.

    But Larry Flynt has no interest in the disability community, no interest in disability activism or rights, and no apparent sense of himself as a disabled person. He's also not very good at managing his own disability. He's pretty much irrelevant to the SCI/disability community, as LaMemChose said.
    Oh I see, so he doesn't give a rat's ass for others in his situation?...well I agree. This man is an irrelevancy. i thought he'd be cool and pushing the case for equality for us all, sadly, it appears not.

    Apologies.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Oh I see, so he doesn't give a rat's ass for others in his situation?...well I agree. This man is an irrelevancy. i thought he'd be cool and pushing the case for equality for us all, sadly, it appears not.
    Yeah, people keep hoping that, and it keeps never happening. Pretty much every interview the man has ever given to anyone who has a reasonable stake in the disability community has been the same: "If you're going to sit in a wheelchair, it might as well be gold." That's about it.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    I can not, simply can not believe that all of you who have made the 117 previous replies have completely and totally missed the IMPORTANT thing in this thread.

    Offroaderswife is limited to such poor quality rum that she has to mix it with diet sprite? This is a crisis, a tragedy!

    My dear, poor lady, I hope that one day you will discover the wonders of a good rum, a rum that you will sip and savor, a distillation of sugar cane or molasses so delightful that you will forget everything else for a while. You might start with Eight Bells Rum before moving on to the best export of Colombia, Parcero Reserva Especial 12 Year Old Rum.

    I beg you, please reconsider this blasphemous path you are walking. There is such wonder and delight in the world, don't limit yourself to what you find seeping through the gutters.


    Lord Byron:
    LOL. Oh my, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! I can only assume you're angry over something deeper than my opinion. I had no idea that me and captain Morgan with diet soda could cause someone so much anger. Feel better soon, dear! I'm sure you can find a worth while thread to lash out on. I've commented my opinion on much better threads than this one. Feel free to seek me out and lash out at me on the rest of them too. I can handle it
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    I can not, simply can not believe that all of you who have made the 117 previous replies have completely and totally missed the IMPORTANT thing in this thread.

    Offroaderswife is limited to such poor quality rum that she has to mix it with diet sprite? This is a crisis, a tragedy!
    Quelle horreur!
    Last edited by Katja; 04-08-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: cannot keep bbcode and html apart

  6. #126
    hey Katja, Larry Flynt is probably more a product of his generation I think. His generation were expected to be stoic and uncomplaining, but to me that can also be seen as some form of denial.

    It's different these days, especially if you have a captive audience like Flynt does, we face who we are and speak out for others in our situation.

    Let's now pull apart Flynt's line "If you have to sit in a wheelchair, it might as well be gold".

    Notice how he says it, "if you have to sit in a wheelchair, it might as well be gold", it's as if he is trying to tell us he has CHOSEN to sit in a wheelchair, not that he relies on a wheelchair to get about. The fact he says its gold is his way of saying i'm so successful I'm now choosing to get around in a gold wheelchair, i could walk if i wanted to but i prefer getting around in a gold sedan chair, like some pornographist chinese emperor.

    Get over yourself Larry...you are a cripple like the rest of us.

    I fucking hate the word "cripple" but its a word Larry might understand from his denial ridden fantasy land of the 50's.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    Tell the editor that, please.
    NM continues to make the case against its continued relevance with many of its article choices. The Flynt piece is a prime example. NM has gotten out of touch with its readership and the larger community.

  8. #128
    NM could have interviewed numerous individuals who are dis as a result of gun violence other than Larry Flynt. For balance in such a piece, NM could have interviewed persons living with disability who are proponents of gun ownership. There might exist individuals within the dis community whose lives were spared based upon personal gun ownership. (The last statement is purely speculative.)

    NM went for a cheap and easy, let's beat Flynt's story one more time like the tired, dead horse it has been for decades. Let that one go already, eh? Interview younger, more recent members to the dis tribe. NM could have talked with and queried persons living with SCI, TBI, limb loss as a result of gun violence. Instead, it used the threadbare Flynt.

    We deserve better.
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 04-08-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: goofs

  9. #129
    Senior Member ~Lin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    LOL. Oh my, you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! I can only assume you're angry over something deeper than my opinion. I had no idea that me and captain Morgan with diet soda could cause someone so much anger. Feel better soon, dear! I'm sure you can find a worth while thread to lash out on. I've commented my opinion on much better threads than this one. Feel free to seek me out and lash out at me on the rest of them too. I can handle it
    Where did you read anger? I think you misunderstood the post..
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

    I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Where did you read anger? I think you misunderstood the post..
    Maybe. Either way, my husband and I got a good giggle out of the post about my blasphemous path and my poor quality of rum. It was such an old comment that he quoted about that I had to go back a refresh. I've fortunately been on a cheap wine kick since then, but equally a blasphemous. Lol. It's all good! I have no bones with the person who posted it
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Similar Threads

  1. Lady Gaga's message using the wheelchair
    By Le Todd in forum Life
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Why Lady Gaga kicks ass!
    By WahWah in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Alejandro by Lady GaGa
    By Le Todd in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 09:09 PM
  4. Gold plated zr w/ built in testicle tickler
    By fuentejps in forum Equipment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •