Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Yep, here is another "Spin" on the issue: "Stop hatin' Lady Gaga's gold wheelchair"

http://www.newmobility.com/browse_th...=475&blogID=19

Someone did their research.
    Céline Dion has periods where she has to rest her voice or risk damaging it irreparably. Gaga is a dancer, so it makes sense to me.

Hey Le Type, your choice of Joan Rivers for an avatar is a dubious one (unless, of course you are being ironic).

This woman does not mind dishing it out big style to people who really don't deserve it. Like, I am really no fan of Adele but I'd never call her fat like Rivers did post the Grammys, Adele if anything is a role model to a lot of women, especially women who battle with weight...and there's "sister" Joan flaming on Adele for being fat.

I have no doubt what joanie probably thinks of us in wheelchairs, particularly men. Be off with you Joan, your humour is looking more and more irrelevant as the years pass.

No offence to you le type, you are a fine chap.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Hey Le Type, your choice of Joan Rivers for an avatar is a dubious one (unless, of course you are being ironic).

This woman does not mind dishing it out big style to people who really don't deserve it. Like, I am really no fan of Adele but I'd never call her fat like Rivers did post the Grammys, Adele if anything is a role model to a lot of women, especially women who battle with weight...and there's "sister" Joan flaming on Adele for being fat.

I have no doubt what joanie probably thinks of us in wheelchairs, particularly men. Be off with you Joan, your humour is looking more and more irrelevant as the years pass.

No offence to you le type, you are a fine chap.
    I agree..she has been very focused on repeatedly bashing older woman (actresses who are aging normally are so often referred to as old in very negative ways) and using sexist slut shaming language of woman who have normal dating and sex lives (whore etc) . It is getting harder to support her.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

She and Larry Flynt can wheel around together. New Mobility has a Larry Flynt bio feature article this month.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I've always believed there's a difference between men and women born with a disability and those acquired without that puzzle piece in formative years.

No worse nor better - just different.
    True, Jenn.

I know cerebral palsy is a part of me, has been from birth. I've never known anything else.

My view of life and of my disses changed when SCI knocked on my life's door and entered. It is an entirely different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    New Mobility has a Larry Flynt bio feature article this month.
    Why Flynt? He seems rather irrelevant to the SCI/dis community.

Flynt

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Tell the editor that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Yup. And the article didn't provide any enlightenment.

I can not, simply can not believe that all of you who have made the 117 previous replies have completely and totally missed the IMPORTANT thing in this thread.

Offroaderswife is limited to such poor quality rum that she has to mix it with diet sprite? This is a crisis, a tragedy!

My dear, poor lady, I hope that one day you will discover the wonders of a good rum, a rum that you will sip and savor, a distillation of sugar cane or molasses so delightful that you will forget everything else for a while. You might start with Eight Bells Rum before moving on to the best export of Colombia, Parcero Reserva Especial 12 Year Old Rum.

I beg you, please reconsider this blasphemous path you are walking. There is such wonder and delight in the world, don't limit yourself to what you find seeping through the gutters.

Lord Byron:
    There’s naught no doubt so much the spirit calms as rum and true religion.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Wait, didn't that Larry Flynt get shot and it left him SCI ?...hang on I gotta look this dude up on wikipedia.

A person who is not SCI but happens to be on this site with some other condition they were born with or acquired IS relevant to this site. I respect those with SCI as i respect those in positions like mine. Sure SCI is the majority in here, but ain't we all, to varying degrees, in the same boat?. even this dickhead Larry Flynt (if he chose to join care cure that is)??.

...umm im confused, i just read on wikipedia he did indeed get shot and did acquire Spinal Chord Injury as a result.
    Last edited by WahWah; 04-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.