Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 136

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    Assuming she will suddenly believe she must. advocate. for. SCI. is like assuming I'll donate to the Commission for the Blind because I am a little nearsighted.
    LMAO!

  2. #102
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Now it's a Louis Vuitton wheelchair! That b*tch! I'd only bite if it were Prada. lol

    http://www.celebitchy.com/289335/lad...y_or_fabulous/


    The last time we reported on Lady Gaga, she was rolling around in a custom made, 24 carat, gold-plated wheelchair while recovering from hip surgery. The leather tufted, manual chair looked more like gaudy living room furniture than a wheelchair, but that’s Lady Gaga for you. She’s not going to convalesce in anything that requires her to push buttons to move her ass around. That said, I do hope she’s ok and that she’s recovering well from surgery. She looks kind of hunched over here, and I hope that’s due to some nice cocktails and not her condition.

    The latest Lady Gaga sighting involved a Louis Vuitton wheelchair in Chicago, where her boyfriend (fiance?) Taylor Kinney is filming Chicago Fire. Thursday was Gaga’s 27th birthday, and she’s been spotted out in Chicago this week to celebrate. On Friday night, Gaga and Kinney were seen out at a bar, at a “Gentlemen’s Club” and later McDonalds drive-thru. See, Gaga is just like us!


    lol - idiot.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  3. #103
    What planet are we living on? I forgot.


    That, and I've clearly lived too long.

  4. #104
    She had hip surgery.I didn't think she would fake needing a cair.I'm also glad to hear she will auction the chair for charity.
    C-6,complete

  5. #105
    Hmm, my mum had hip replacement surgery a couple of years back.

    She was encouraged to get up on her feet the next day after surgery and she did, she was not offered a wheelchair, she was encouraged to put a plastic chair in her shower and if possible it would be a good idea to have a grab rail fitted, not only for her post op recovery but also as a pre-emptive device to avoid falls as she gets older. My mum is approaching 65.

    Mum, knows what I go through day to day and made sure she went over and above what was asked by her surgeon and post op nurses. Doctors do not encourage ongoing use of a wheelchair after a hip replacement for a person who is able bodied.

    Lady Gaga is cool, and I hope for her sake the wheelchair is some artistic device she's playing around with. The jury is out on what real wheelchair users like us think...I think she is very close to taking the piss if this chair is just an affectation. I like Gaga, she's cool, but I will lose faith in her if she is using the chair to court controversy.

    If Gaga has yes men doctors not encouraging her get on her feet post surgery she's in trouble...worse, and im sure none of us would wish this upon her. Does she have a real issue beyond what's commonly known???.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Hmm, my mum had hip replacement surgery a couple of years back.

    She was encouraged to get up on her feet the next day after surgery and she did, she was not offered a wheelchair, she was encouraged to put a plastic chair in her shower and if possible it would be a good idea to have a grab rail fitted, not only for her post op recovery but also as a pre-emptive device to avoid falls as she gets older. My mum is approaching 65.

    Mum, knows what I go through day to day and made sure she went over and above what was asked by her surgeon and post op nurses. Doctors do not encourage ongoing use of a wheelchair after a hip replacement for a person who is able bodied.

    Lady Gaga is cool, and I hope for her sake the wheelchair is some artistic device she's playing around with. The jury is out on what real wheelchair users like us think...I think she is very close to taking the piss if this chair is just an affectation. I like Gaga, she's cool, but I will lose faith in her if she is using the chair to court controversy.

    If Gaga has yes men doctors not encouraging her get on her feet post surgery she's in trouble...worse, and im sure none of us would wish this upon her. Does she have a real issue beyond what's commonly known???.
    interesting perspective. good comment. I did not know this..maybe she is doing it only while in public as to walk unsteady through paparazzi could be dangerous?
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

  7. #107
    would you walk on those shoes after hip surgery? wouldn't want to sacrifice the shoes for something sensible now would we? besides, look at all the attention she's getting. frankly, i'd like to slap her face for making such a mockery out of wheelchairs.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    interesting perspective. good comment. I did not know this..maybe she is doing it only while in public as to walk unsteady through paparazzi could be dangerous?
    Oh god yes, those papps would love it if she fell and hurt herself...because well, they are pricks. Yeah I think it would be highly recommeded she take it easy on the big outings to nightclubs etc. so the wheelchair might be a good idea.

    Bloody hell, she could actually wear some sort of flat shoe....like a pair of sneakers or something....she could give some nod to the 80s and wear some Adidas superstars....lol
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by WahWah View Post
    Hmm, my mum had hip replacement surgery a couple of years back.

    She was encouraged to get up on her feet the next day after surgery and she did, she was not offered a wheelchair, she was encouraged to put a plastic chair in her shower and if possible it would be a good idea to have a grab rail fitted, not only for her post op recovery but also as a pre-emptive device to avoid falls as she gets older. My mum is approaching 65.
    Yes, but with Gaga, it's very different. She had a joint or some part operated on from her active use of it. She needs to rest this part or could damage it further.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Yes, but with Gaga, it's very different. She had a joint or some part operated on from her active use of it. She needs to rest this part or could damage it further.

    Yep, here is another "Spin" on the issue: "Stop hatin' Lady Gaga's gold wheelchair"

    http://www.newmobility.com/browse_th...=475&blogID=19

    Someone did their research.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Similar Threads

  1. Lady Gaga's message using the wheelchair
    By Le Todd in forum Life
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Why Lady Gaga kicks ass!
    By WahWah in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Alejandro by Lady GaGa
    By Le Todd in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 09:09 PM
  4. Gold plated zr w/ built in testicle tickler
    By fuentejps in forum Equipment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •