Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Lady Gaga has gold plated wheelchair.

Don't worry, I meant it as comic relief.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Yep, here is another "Spin" on the issue: "Stop hatin' Lady Gaga's gold wheelchair"

http://www.newmobility.com/browse_th...=475&blogID=19

Someone did their research.
    Just a statement from an artist. Over the years Lady Gaga has done some things to try and push the envelope to make our culture more inclusive of minority populations ie immigration, LGBT and HIV and now PWD. Anybody that looks at our society knows us PWD sometimes struggle to be included and noticed. I think Lady Gaga is trying to use her position and her post surgery condition to say 'hey I am in a wheelchair look at me'.

Society has a way of avoiding looking at us, anybody in a chair who wheels thru Walmart knows this.
    Last edited by ZenBiker; 04-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBiker View Post
    Just a statement from an artist. Over the years Lady Gaga has done some things to try and push the envelope to make our culture more inclusive of minority populations ie immigration, LGBT and HIV and now PWD. Anybody that looks at our society knows us PWD sometimes struggle to be included and noticed. I think Lady Gaga is trying to use her position and her post surgery condition to say 'hey I am in a wheelchair look at me'.

Society has a way of avoiding looking at us, anybody in a chair who wheels thru Walmart knows this.
    yes, exactly.

and I will be looking into those rum recommendations IsMaisin! That was both funny and educational! I tend to mix my rum with fruit juices
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBiker View Post
    I think Lady Gaga is trying to use her position and her post surgery condition to say 'hey I am in a wheelchair look at me'.
    I think you're projecting here. Wishful thinking.

I wouldn't pretend to know what LG is thinking or what kind of statement she's making or if she's even trying to make a statement. Absent any announcement from her about her condition and, specifically, how it's expanded her awareness of disability issues, her gold-plated wheelchair and Louis Vuitton wheelchairs trivializes disability and reduces it to a cartoon existence. Looking at photos of her gussied up sitting in one-off chairs is likely to strike the average person as yet another collection of props designed to draw attention to her, not her injury let alone us.

Geez, it's only a frggin wheel chair, not a mystical chariot. Stop dwelling and enjoy what you can, everyone else is. Sometimes Club SCI makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorious View Post
    Geez, it's only a frggin wheel chair, not a mystical chariot. Stop dwelling and enjoy what you can, everyone else is. Sometimes Club SCI makes me shake my head.
    Who's dwelling?