Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 Single Swivel Anti-Tip

TiLite TR3 Single Swivel Anti-Tip

More to come on this TR3...

Go ahead, call me a tease!
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 03-14-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Modified title to reflect focus on anti-tip, not wheelchair.

Very nice!!

VA ordered me a single swivel caster anti-tip for my AeroZ on Jan 15 (DU100069). I expect it to arrive any day now ; I plan to post pics, too. (Sadly, TiLite wants a 37-business-day lead time for this custom-made item )

I requested it because the brackets on my standard antitips were bending when I danced/twirled around on them.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-13-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The swivel SCI-OTR posted looks universal. It looks like it could be adjusted up or down either on the axle tube or maybe at the caster. I want one.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

TiLite says it's custom fabricated - probably because of the width between camber-tube mounts and the varying mounting hardware among chairs.
    Attachment 48913
    Detailed instructions for it are in the TR Series manual. I requested the Quick Release style.
    TiLite's DU brochure is full of neat stuff!
    Last edited by chasmengr; 03-13-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    The swivel SCI-OTR posted looks universal. It looks like it could be adjusted up or down either on the axle tube or maybe at the caster. I want one.
    The height is adjusted via 4 spacers of the fork stem that can be positioned above or below the housing for the bearings.

It is definitely a custom item that is fabricated for each individual chair

Thanks SCI_OTR but do you have a profile picture because it seems it adds some length to the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Thanks SCI_OTR but do you have a profile picture because it seems it adds some length to the chair.
    ...and some weight???
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

It looks very nice, both the concept and the design. TiLite always puts out good looking products. Is there any way to move it out of the way like you can flip up the standard anti-tips?
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

It does not appear to add much length to the chair from what I can see from the pics. That is actually minimal compared to some anti tips on sports chairs. Nice looking setup. I think it is much better than the old anti tip setup.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Nice loooking but it's not a new concept by any means. We made similar anti-tips years and years ago. Glad to see it continued as Chas said the other style are dangerous. I used to cringe seeing people lay back on them.