Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3?

Huh? Apple provides computers, laptops, media players, media streamers, cell phones/computers, tablets, software, storage, and services. They are innovators in all of them. Blackberry makes a phone. No comparison of the two companies.

That was re: the iPhone.

I apparently read what you wrote differently than intended.

Lots of companies focus on one product alone and do well, though.

Yeah, I can't say that I worry too much whether my phone provider also sells refrigerators or whatnot. As for Blackberry, they do have a diverse range of products and services, with several new phones (in addition to the Z10/ Q10) scheduled to roll out by year's end.

I looked at Blackberry Z10 (my bro got one) but not enough accessibility for me.

I've got iPhone 4 but struggling with built in keyboard for texting. I'm interested in Samsung Galaxy S4 for the eye tracking for some features.

Does anyone use alternative access like click-to-phone on their phones?

I did separate post to ask but no-one has answered, though a few have looked

I really want to pre-order but don't want to pay out then find it couldn't meet my needs if need to add Click-to-phone device or thinking using chair joystick for nagivating smaller menu's/keyboards the eye tracking didn't work on?

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    I've got iPhone 4 but struggling with built in keyboard for texting. I'm interested in Samsung Galaxy S4 for the eye tracking for some features.
    I agree. The iPhone keyboard is not smart enough. The S4 has swipe mode where you don't have to be accurate. you just swipe away and it guesses with amazing accuracy at what you want to type. It also gives you alternatives if its first guess was wrong. This makes it much easier, faster, and far less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    Does anyone use alternative access like click-to-phone on their phones?
    I don't. But I don't see why you couldn't with bluetooth. Voice recognition is also nice.

I think the S4 has a better processor. Apple is a software company. They have well built hardware, but not leading edge hardware anymore. For example, there are long delays for screens to open and processes to complete. This delay in the iPhone is why I looked into switching. The S4 has much faster response time. A second or two delay is a long time when you are doing repetitive tasks. Combine the smarter keyboard and the faster response time and you could shave off a minute or more each time you use your phone.

Don't have a comprehensive review. Just saying the more I use the S4 the more I like it. Overall, I find that S4 is more powerful and more innovative than iPhone4. I know it's not a fair comparison and I should be comparing to iPhone5. But I didn't bother because the differences between the iPhone 4 and 5 are incremental and not worth my time. Come on Apple. You're lagging.

You can return a phone within 30 days with most (all?) of the major carriers if it does not work for you.

Have had an iPhone since the first edition. When this one dies or get wet or whatever, I plan to move on to the Android makers as there has to be a 3rd party app that will still sync everything, iPad, Macbook Pro, and phone. Not to mention you can get some really good pricing plans when you are not tied to the iPhone service providers.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I was considering Metro PCS for better pricing (about 1/2). But I had to pay full price for the phone and I heard the coverage sucked. Paying full price is not so bad because you could recover the difference in a year, then it's money in your pocket after then. but if the coverage sucks, it's not worth it. I'm happy that I no longer drop calls. Please let us know your experience with an alternate service provider's coverage.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    GF just went from an Iphone to an HTC one.
    From her point of view.
    The iphone 5 was too slow, and the camera wasn't so good.
    The S4 was too plastic'ie, the HTC one felt faster.
    I have to admit, the boot up time of the HTC one is pretty amazing, you can seriously turn your phone off, and turn it on when you want it instead of putting it to sleep.
    The aluminum body of the HTC one really makes it feel like a solid product comparable to the iphone.
    The speakers on the HTC one are really nice, for speaker phone, phone calls and skyping etc. as wells as all the usual fancy stuff you can use them for.
    The built in FM radio tuner in the HTC one is useful, nice when riding the bus etc, not having to worry about using up your data minutes.
    The HTC one screen is much more viewable outside, the camera is far better in low light.
    The HTC one Screen 468ppi vs the S4 441ppi

After spending way too long in the phone store, I don't think you can really go wrong at the moment with any of the available phones.
    The question is how long you can go with an Android phone till you have to root it

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I was considering Metro PCS for better pricing (about 1/2). But I had to pay full price for the phone and I heard the coverage sucked. Paying full price is not so bad because you could recover the difference in a year, then it's money in your pocket after then. but if the coverage sucks, it's not worth it. I'm happy that I no longer drop calls. Please let us know your experience with an alternate service provider's coverage.
    T-mobiles $50 plan seems pretty good.
    unlimited calls and texts +
    includes 500MB of data, subscribers won't actually be capped to (or charged) for exceeding this monthly allowance; rather, customers who go over the data limit will find themselves throttled to "2G speeds". This provides would-be data hogs a soft ceiling in the event they do exceed their 500MB allotment while simultaneously ensuring T-Mo's network service quality.

I use ATT because they offer a government discount. -- good service, decent 3G, but heard Verizon was awesome now and depending on plans could save you about $600 a year for like plan over plan. I would change now-- just don't think you can port your iPhone over since they lock the devices.
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.