Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3?

iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3?

Which one do you like better?

The Android OS used to suck. Android 4.2 is awesome. It makes iOS feel boring.

I've had 3 iPhones & now have a Nexus. Realistically, both platforms run all the major apps & do the same thing. Just pick a flavor.

I use Google's Apps ecosystem for work, and it's more seamlessly integrated on Android.

I have been thinking the same thing. Apple made a big splash with iPhone 1. There was nothing else like it. Today, other devices had leapfrogged over it because they can offer the best without compromise for legacy. Besides, Apple is a software company. I like the idea of a fixed hardware platform that updates everything with software. Problem solved, right? Realistically, hardware innovation is moving too fast for software only upgrades. As a result I see the iPhone is a bit of a dog. The voice on it acts like half duplex and the computing power is relatively slow.

I loved the iPhone 1 when it came out. What have you done for me lately Apple? Seems like the S3 is a better computer, better cloud platform, and from what i hear a better phone too.

Never been a Mac guy. What some loved about the seamless connectivity and user transparency of the Apple brand, I saw as a rigid and proprietary insistence on a one-size-fits us corporate philosophy.

Neither was I an admirer of "smart" phones. For me, a phone was a thing you used to make and receive telephone calls. I was totally satisfied with my little flip phone for too many years to remember. But times have changed, and the things you can now do from remote locations really do make life easier. I recently broke down and got the S3 from Sprint. While I don't use a significant portion of the capability, it's pretty useful to me. No real problems that don't originate with the user.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Apple you have great marketing but....

... the thrill is gone.

Did S3 eat your lunch?

FYI, the S4 is right around the corner.

Or you can get a Nexus 4 directly from Google, have a pure Android experience w/o any add-ons from other carriers, and get service through Straight Talk (runs on AT&T/TMobile networks) for $45/mo, w/ no contract. That's what my wife and I do, though she's still using an iPhone.

Worth waiting for the S4 or is the Nexus 4 pretty much the same?

I'm guessing the S4's specs (and price) will surpass the Nexus 4's, but I doubt you'd see much functional difference for everyday use.

There's something to be said for getting an Android phone straight from Google.

http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

I've got a S3 and love it. I had a galaxy S and this phone is even better, pretty amazing technology.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred