Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Inclined Bed Therapy (IBT) How is everyone?

For heaven's sake , plz don't use the word quackery , he is not charging money , neither you should call him a snake oil salesman, he does NOT selling anything.

He isn't selling anything , I just don't understand the negative views of SCI NURSE , if u have closed mind , then we do not get any where, remember the old researchers !

I have read news stories about newly injured SCI and he inserts his link into the comments.

If it is such a miraculous concept why aren't we hearing stories of healing?

Andrew, where do you live? I am considering setting up a class action lawsuit against you and your company and all those involved to collect on the costs IBT has brought. Because you cannot substantiate your claims and customers are not seeing results. I just need your corporate information, unless you don't have one, and then I will need to serve you personally.

Cheers.

Tilt that BED!

Inclined bed therapy works....
    Haven't had a migraine head ache in months!... and shoulder pain of many years duration is now totally forgotten during the daytime.
    As for quackenwatch... you HAVE to be joking?... They are SO full it it.... I believe that they are paid to trash everything that does not feed doctors, hospitals and big pharma!

Quote Originally Posted by englishvinal View Post
    Inclined bed therapy works....
    Haven't had a migraine head ache in months!... and shoulder pain of many years duration is now totally forgotten during the daytime.
    As for quackenwatch... you HAVE to be joking?... They are SO full it it.... I believe that they are paid to trash everything that does not feed doctors, hospitals and big pharma!
    That would be awesome news if this was a forum for people with migraines. Considering it is not, thanks for the pointless post.

Quote Originally Posted by lakboy View Post
    For heaven's sake , plz don't use the word quackery , he is not charging money , neither you should call him a snake oil salesman, he does NOT selling anything.
    Has anyone charged you for the THOUSANDS of valid, peer reviewed, clinical trials that prove smoking cigarettes causes cancer, slows or blocks arteries and veins causing swelling, claudification, strokes and heart attacks? And yet you still smoke.

In the many years this man has been 'studying' raised bed therapy not one valid, peer reviewed, clinical trial has been done. Yes, I am very cynical of someone who seems to believe so strongly in his theory and yet has not tried to raise any funds to prove raising a bed does anything. I can see how raising the head of a King size bed 6 inches on books could very well cause serious damage to my feet, my husband's or could kill my dog if the bed slides off the base when we turn or I transfer.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by lakboy View Post
    He isn't selling anything , I just don't understand the negative views of SCI NURSE , if u have closed mind , then we do not get any where, remember the old researchers !
    What part of "Sales of his sloping bed have been sluggish and the former boiler maker has fought a constant battle to be taken seriously." makes you think he isn't selling anything?

That quote is from an interview with Insight on YouTube that Andrew put up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3D7tBQfCxQ

And here's a quote from an article by Andrew at this link:

http://www.mindpowernews.com/GravityAndHealth.htm

"Birth of a New Bed
    The inclined sleep therapy concept is now incorporated in a top quality bed, with a foot board built in, which is available under the name of Naturesway Sleep System, and is under application for a patent. The incline is built into the bed and takes away the risks that are inherent in raising a flat bed, which are:

1.The difficulty of cleaning. 2. The lack of built in stability. 3. The stress put on beds designed for a horizontal position can break. 4. Mattresses can slip off the base of the bed. 5. Mattresses are covered with a slippery material."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K Fletcher View Post
    Beatscookin: Your argument is interesting. What you are saying gets to the heart of why anything either I or anyone using IBT write here is ignored. Ignorance is bliss? Anecdotal evidence does not = no evidence at all.
    Actually, anecdotal evidence DOES = no evidence at all because of faulty logic as described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Anecdotal evidence is often unscientific or pseudoscientific because various forms of cognitive bias may affect the collection or presentation of evidence. For instance, someone who claims to have had an encounter with a supernatural being or alien may present a very vivid story, but this is not falsifiable. This phenomenon can also happen to large groups of people through subjective validation.

Anecdotal evidence is also frequently misinterpreted via the availability heuristic, which leads to an overestimation of prevalence. Where a cause can be easily linked to an effect, people overestimate the likelihood of the cause having that effect (availability). In particular, vivid, emotionally-charged anecdotes seem more plausible, and are given greater weight. A related issue is that it is usually impossible to assess for every piece of anecdotal evidence, the rate of people not reporting that anecdotal evidence in the population.

A common way anecdotal evidence becomes unscientific is through fallacious reasoning such as the Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, the human tendency to assume that if one event happens after another, then the first must be the cause of the second. Another fallacy involves inductive reasoning. For instance, if an anecdote illustrates a desired conclusion rather than a logical conclusion, it is considered a faulty or hasty generalization.[17] For example, here is anecdotal evidence presented as proof of a desired conclusion:
    There's abundant proof that drinking water cures cancer. Just last week I read about a girl who was dying of cancer. After drinking water she was cured.
    Anecdotes like this do not prove anything.[18] In any case where some factor affects the probability of an outcome, rather than uniquely determining it, selected individual cases prove nothing; e.g. "my grandfather smoked 40 a day until he died at 90" and "my sister never went near anyone who smoked but died of lung cancer". Anecdotes often refer to the exception, rather than the rule: "Anecdotes are useless precisely because they may point to idiosyncratic responses."[19]

More generally, a statistical correlation between things does not in itself prove that one causes the other (a causal link). A study found that television viewing was strongly correlated with sugar consumption, but this does not prove that viewing causes sugar intake (or viceversa).

In medicine anecdotal evidence is also subject to placebo effects:[20] it is well-established that a patient's (or doctor's) expectation can genuinely change the outcome of treatment. Only double-blind randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials can confirm a hypothesis about the effectiveness of a treatment independently of expectations.

By contrast, in science and logic, the "relative strength of an explanation" is based upon its ability to be tested, proven to be due to the stated cause, and verified under neutral conditions in a manner that other researchers will agree has been performed competently, and can check for themselves.

geesh, I wish this guy would stop posting here.