Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why I Lost My SSDI Hearing...

SSA received my "Request for Review" package. The receipt came yesterday. My new friend in the Congressman's office recieved his package and has brought my request to the attention of his friend at ODAR. My medical records from, 3/28/13, (Neurosurgeon), with corrected medical codes should be here the first of next week. They are so slow! I will forward a copy to SSA and my new friend and also note Arndog's observation. I think he is right, the listing fits me to a tee!

Anyone know if the changes made to my medical codes can be made retroactive back to 2008? OR, if that would make a difference in my case? In other words, will the SSA recognize there were coding mistakes back to 2008? The lady I talked to in my NS's office did not know.

May the force be with me....

Also, LaMem, please except my apologizes. Although it's not a good excuse, I was tired and irritated with this issue when I replied to your last post. I did not mean to come off snappy and hope you will forgive me. I do enjoy your posts, you're an asset here, and always very kind. I am sorry if I offended you in any way.
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

OK, I got the medical note/record today form my last visit with my Neurosurgeon, 3/28/13.

He changed my medical codes as he said he would do. Assessments: 1) Paraplegia - 344.1, and 2) Benign neoplasm of the spinal cord - 225.3. The follow up notes state: I'm in a wheelchair, cyst/w cord deviation, arachnoiditis with adhesions. The patient is medically disabled.

I did not know I had arachnoiditis. Duh, again. In any event, I'll send it in, hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, (you may notice, I don't have the best of luck), and see if it turns back the hands of time to 2008.

Lawd, have you ever?!? If it wasn't such an idiotic blunder, I might be pleased.

However, I'm very pleased with everything you guys taught me. If it wasn't for your information, I never would have given credit to the coding issue or understood the listing. You are awesome...thank you!

Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson