Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Body temp regulation

Body temp regulation

I'm T-10 complete, 19 years post injury this month. For years I always seem to be annoyingly cold compared to others in the room. Is this normal for my injury level or just my nature? My mom is always cold too. Seems like it gets worse the older I get. My blood pressure usually runs 95/65 or around that. Would love to hear from similar injury level folks.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I get hot at night and I wonder if my ambien raises my blood pressure and makes me hot at night?
    Last edited by offroaderswife; 03-08-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I'm T-10 complete, 19 years post injury this month. For years I always seem to be annoyingly cold compared to others in the room. Is this normal for my injury level or just my nature? My mom is always cold too. Seems like it gets worse the older I get. My blood pressure usually runs 95/65 or around that. Would love to hear from similar injury level folks.
    I am a T8 and am constantly cold as well. One reason I love hotel rooms is I can put the thermostat at 80 degrees and no one else can bitch. At home I am always wearing thermals even though we keep the house at 72 degrees.

Speaking of thermals I find merino wool the best. I found a link to the women's version of what I wear: http://www.amazon.com/Minus33-Merino...derwear+merino

I'm usually cold 9 months of the year. When I go to bed at night, I freeze for a few hours. I pile blankets on me until I am really warm. When I finally warm up, I am all right the rest of the night. I dread going to bed because I freeze. I also have low blood pressure, so I know how you feel.

I'm a quad and we're always cold, I didn't mean to be ignorant bout this but I didnt know para's had this problem too until I read it here. I find that big people are never cold. In one of my classes, the professor is overweight and she always says that the room is hot. Thank god she doesn't mess with the thermostat. Even in the freakin hot summer I wear a light sweater. Don't ever get on a plane without a sweater or jacket, it sucks being on a long flight and freezing.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

I'm a T10 Complete and I really don't have any issues with being too cold or hot. Kind of strange I guess.

I am a T11/12 and I am cold nearly all the time
    TH 12, 43 years post

I'm always cold and wear a knit cap and a scarf pretty much at all times unless I'm out in the sun with temperatures above 76. Oddly though, I just had flap surgery and it seems as though the trauma to my body has messed with my thermostat because I've been laying in bed and I'm not using hardly if any of the amount of covering that I normally would. It happened in 2004 as well when I had my first flap surgery. I wish I could keep this warmth from here on out.

count me in the cold bunch! T11 complete
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Ditto on the cold for me as well until the outside air temp gets to about 80-85 anything over that then I am doing my best to try and not get over heated. I tell people that I am now like a lizard whatever the air temp is that is what I am