That's the way it feels.
The Dallas VA SCI clinic confirmed that I have an 8mm stone:
Last year I had an 8mm x 11mm stone descend and become lodged in my left ureter, blocking urine flow and leading to a greatly enlarged kidney and ultimately sepsis. I had to rush to the ER when the symptoms became too much to bear."The left kidney is upper limits of normal in size measuring 13.1cm. There is a 0.8cm shadowing renal stone in the lower pole of the left kidney. No renal masses, hydronephrosis or perinephric fluid collections."
The VA has scheduled a CT scan on March 18 (10 days from now) and I won't even see a urologist until April 30. That means that any lithotripsy won't be until June/July. That's a whole lot of time to sit, suffer and worry about another ureter blockage.
My UA, C&S and CBC show that I'm infection-free. My urine is a very clear pale gold. But I have some waves of pretty intense back pain. Periodically I'll experience shuddering chills and a spike in BP. After 15-20 minutes this will pass, my BP will drop and the chills will abate. A fever does not follow. Even though I'm a T-4 complete, AD does not occur after the BP rise.
My research has indicated that this stone is too large to pass. But that does not mean that the stone will not descend and block the ureter as previous experience has shown.
Psychologically it's difficult to sit and wait, knowing that at any moment the stone may block the ureter and thus set off a chain of medically adverse events.
Does anyone have any useful tips or recommendations?