Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZRA caster bearings 5x1" softrolls

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    TiLite standard (old) casters use 608-2RS. TiLite performance casters (new) use R6-2RS.

The "2RS" means rubber seals on both sides of the bearing. 608 bearings are 8 x 22 x 7mm (standard roller-skate size). R6 bearings are 3/8 x 7/8 x 9/32".
    This is really helpful info. Thanks, chasmengr! BUT I was thinking of ordering Reds or Super Reds and they, and some other places don't give the SIZE of their bearings. ALL skateboard bearings aren't the same size, are they? Help! I'm so lost here........Thanks!

Ha! Ha! Ha! It is cool how all that stuff gets stuck in there. And let it probably start to work as contiunual brake whether want it or not. I like when all that stuff wrapped around. Play game. See how fast can pull that stuff out and see who can make wheel perforrm most rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I like a little carpet fiber and dog hair caught between my front caster bearings and the axle. Without them, I feel the slop.
    Last edited by rlmtrhmiles; 04-04-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    This is really helpful info. Thanks, chasmengr! BUT I was thinking of ordering Reds or Super Reds and they, and some other places don't give the SIZE of their bearings. ALL skateboard bearings aren't the same size, are they? Help! I'm so lost here........Thanks!
    If skateboard/rollerskate bearings are not labeled, they are 608s. A very few skates use non-608 bearings, and they will be labeled. Every bearing advertised as standard skateboard/rollerskate bearing will be a 608. I use Bones Super Reds - All Bones' bearings are 608.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thanks, chasmengr!