Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raise home

Raise home

Looking for drawings on an accessible raised home for 30x60 lot.

Anyone from new orleans or Flood Zone have them available. No living space on bottom floor.

An elevator would be required.

ASAP, please.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Maybe F.O. still has his plans, he has a sweeeet raised home with an elevator. His is more square than rectangle though if memory serves me right.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Maybe F.O. still has his plans, he has a sweeeet raised home with an elevator. His is more square than rectangle though if memory serves me right.
    McDuff - a square IS a rectangle. But you're right, I'm pretty square. And my house wouldn't fit on that lot no matter how you turned it.

Any two box modular would fit. It would need to meet local code. The stilt foundation and tiedowns/anchors would need to be engineered to meet local code and site built.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 03-06-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Is it possible to send me photos? How far are you from water?

emtreston@gmail.com

Thanks
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

Why the urgency? You're looking for free plans to build a house on the water?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Why the urgency? You're looking for free plans to build a house on the water?
    My city was destroyed. FEMA requirements state our homes will need to be raised. I'm attempting to work with those that have lost everything as they rebuild. Funding is drying up if anyone qualifies at all.

I've been asked by some local volunteers about access to these structures so those of us with mobility issues aren't excluded. When I go to a meeting I like to be prepared with examples of what others have found successful and what has failed. People learn from each other.

If you read tone in this, yup, there is. Hey, take 5 minutes and look at my life and ask again about urgency. Perhaps you were unaware of my circumstance. If so then, I apologize for the alleged tone, as we don't read everyone's post and I don't know your life circumstances either.

Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/59924639 or google any Sandy/Long Beach NY and see what I encounter each day then add your SCI and well you may sense the urgency as well.
    Last edited by Liz321; 03-07-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Because I'm desperate

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Is it possible to send me photos? How far are you from water?

emtreston@gmail.com

Thanks
    If this is for me, I don't think that my photos would be of much help to you. You need to get with professionals in your area that can inform you about code requirements specific to your area. Our homes have to meet a wind resistance of 155 m.p.h. at minimum. There are also a lot of environmental protection safeguards that we must satisfy. The base elevation of my property is 7 feet above sea level and very near to the Gulf of Mexico. My house is in the tree tops.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    If this is for me, I don't think that my photos would be of much help to you. You need to get with professionals in your area that can inform you about code requirements specific to your area. Our homes have to meet a wind resistance of 155 m.p.h. at minimum. There are also a lot of environmental protection safeguards that we must satisfy. The base elevation of my property is 7 feet above sea level and very near to the Gulf of Mexico. My house is in the tree tops.

Aside for the need, (possible hellish storms), that sounds delightful. (And, totally worth the risk!)

We're working with a local modular home company, (after scrutinizing MANY), on adding a MiL suite on our lot. What they can do, especially the good ones, is nothing short of stunning, IMO. (Outcome and cost, wise, whatever your tastes/budget allows.)

I'd start with finding the "best of breed" modular folks in the area, IMO. Bound to be lots of "pop up" construction and renovation outfits, based on need, alone, if not greed.

For my needs, they are a perfect fit.

Getting in with established, reputable professionals being the key, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Aside for the need, (possible hellish storms), that sounds delightful. (And, totally worth the risk!)

We're working with a local modular home company, (after scrutinizing MANY), on adding a MiL suite on our lot. What they can do, especially the good ones, is nothing short of stunning, IMO. (Outcome and cost, wise, whatever your tastes/budget allows.)

I'd start with finding the "best of breed" modular folks in the area, IMO. Bound to be lots of "pop up" construction and renovation outfits, based on need, alone, if not greed.

For my needs, they are a perfect fit.

Getting in with established, reputable professionals being the key, IMO.
    Unfortunately there are no shortcuts. Everyone has to do their own homework. Once they form specific questions, then others can give meaningful input.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    Thanks.
    Residents were looking for what a home really looks like. Architect drawings and colorful renditions on paper don't always equal reality. Every homeowner will be required to file plans when they rebuild to our new codes.