Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Venting: I feel like I will be disappointing my parents if I don't walk again. Anyone feel the same?

Originally posted by NY Guido:

Brayton,

mk 99 doesn't have an f*cking clue, that fool had TWO experimental surgeries. If there's one occupation mk 99 definitely can't succeed in, that's giving sales. He would fail miserably because no one trusts him. And without trust, there is no faith. And without faith, there is no point in giving him any opportunity to screw all of us over one more time. I don't know about you but I'm not buying what he has to say. He's convinced me that he truly is hopeless.

mk 99, sell your crap somewhere else. I'm not buying it and I will only say this. FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, Fool me twice, shame on me, something to think about.

Guido
    Something to think about? How, exactly, do you think a cure for anything comes except through those who through a leap of faith try something new?

If you want a sure fire, take me back to the day before my SCI cure, proven by a couple hundred "fools" first you will be waiting for a very long time. And if I were in charge of lining peope up for any cure like that when it comes you'd be near last in line Guido.

This fool has been in two trials although neither was surgical. I have a non-traumatic injury and a surgical option is currently being explored in many labs around this globe. Until those therapies come to trial I will continue trying things that do not rule out future therapies but help researchers and companies NOW eliminate what does and does not work. Just learning how to set up a trial for a condition like SCI takes serious time and money. The trials for 4-AP (Fampridine) may not have passed FDA muster for SCI but they set up clear objectives that future trials will not have to spend a fortune in time and money on creating. Hopefully Fampridine will pass for MS and then I can get it again off-label.

I've heard it said that depression is just anger without enthusiasm. I suggest you get angry and do something with that energy. Like try being a "fool".

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Originally posted by brayton:

"blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,generalizations,bla h,blah,personal attacks,blah,blah,blah,blah"
    This is the first time I saw Brayton speechless, he must be touched...

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 04-29-05 at 12:42 AM.]

Dann,

Your parents would never feel that you fail them. It is always the parents who feel they fail you. We, as parents, feel that we fail to protect our precious children from being injured and from being the best we want to see.

Anyway, all you need to do is to think and act positively and, most of all, be aggressive and constructive in life. In this way, your parents will be very proud of you and be able to hide away their pains and guilty feelings!!!

I will be proud of you too...

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 04-30-05 at 02:18 AM.]

Originally posted by Suzanne Poon:

Dann,

Your parents would never feel that you fail them. It is always the parents who feel they fail you. We, as parents, feel that we fail to protect our precious injured children from being the best we want to see.

Anyway, all you need to do is to act positively and, most of all, be aggressive and constructive in life. In this way, your parents will be very proud of you and able to hide away their guilty feelings!!!

I will be proud of you too...

Suzanne
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Suzanne,

You are amazing! I needed that, perhaps we as the children feel the same as the parent. I know i do. take good care & lets go find that cure!!!!!!!!!!!

Godspeed~
    Susan
    www.sciwalker.com

Originally posted by Susan Fajt:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Suzanne,

You are amazing! I needed that, perhaps we as the children feel the same as the parent. I know i do. take good care & lets go find that cure!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan, you too!!!

I'll forever be proud of you and caring for you...for all that you are and do...

Suzanne

So, personal attacks on the majority opinion get relegated to the members only forum, but personal attacks on the minority opinion are ok? I believe everything Obed said below, and even think a lot of his post is constructive - but definately a personal attack that was ignored by at least one Moderator.

Maybe it's because I am a Democrat, but I feel like standing up (metaphorically) for the minority opinion!

-Matt

Originally posted by Obed:

Dann - apologies for the temporary hijack. Sorry folks I'm taking the low road.

brayton - LMAO. Do you realize what a joke you and your posts are becoming? Your desperation is palpable and you're virtually becoming a caricature of yourself. You spew the same commentary time and again like a broken record being played by a rubber snake and yet you still keep coming back (this is the pathetic part). And why? A: because you're hopeful. You're praying for the one thread that's going to be "your miracle" thread. So you keep coming back again and again and again looking for an answer and at the same time dismissing anything or anyone tangible to the cure and recovery process. Do you realize how sad that is? That you don't have the balls to allow a public acceptance of anything that doesn't speak to you personally. That your immaturity, ego and bully tactics constantly get the better of you? C'mon dude, nobody is that angry.

The cure is a process - its going to happen. It's not, however, a magic trick.

So, before I piss myself from laughing so hard at the Scott Farcass of CC (those who know the movie A Christmas Story will understand my analogy) do us all a favor and either grow up, lose the attitude, stop denying yourself hope and be part of the solution or get out and take your pathetic, desperate, wuss personality and posse of one with you.

As Jim Rome would say - "I'm out"
    --------------------
    "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton:

Originally posted by NY Guido:
    Brayton,

mk 99 doesn't have an ...
    mk 99, sell your crap ...
    Guido
    Something to think about? How, exactly, do you think a cure for anything comes except through those who through a leap of faith try something new?
    Sue Pendleton

[This message was edited by mjschaef on 04-29-05 at 03:26 AM.]

Please post any discussion concerning personal attacks to the Member's forum. Thanks. Wise.

i sympathise with u, i know what u mean, i dont have a disability but my b/f does and he's always telling me the guilt he feels that his parents are 'struggling' bcoz of him and aren't living the life they're supposed to bcoz of him, i tell him u r not living the life u were supposed to either, what can i really say?....

way overdue, thats what i don't get, stem cells (would ) help soo many different people possibly AIDS, Cancer, diabetes, visual impairments, etc, why haven't govts worldwide done something about it sooner