Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What put a smile on your face recently

What put a smile on your face recently

Maybe a post from lynnifer or a poem by Foolish Old (who know he was a poet anyway) or your cat licking your face or maybe one of Donnos pictures or that spring is almost here, or and old joke you have heard a hundred times (why was the strawberry sad.......because his mother was in a jam) or a cool song or a smile from a dog or a call from an old friend?
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

My wife makes me smile a lot....I have a dog that makes me smile a lot too...Do not have a certain instance but my wife can act pretty goofy sometimes and it makes me smile because I am the only person she has been able to be herself with.

Strumming, for the first time, a vintage '46-' 53 Favilla baritone ukulele that I rescued and put back to playing condition. Makes a person want to play the old jazz chord shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Strumming, for the first time, a vintage '46-' 53 Favilla baritone ukulele that I rescued and put back to playing condition. Makes a person want to play the old jazz chord shapes.
    Pat do you think you can keep up with this old lady, what a rig. Aaah to be mobil.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I doubt it lol. She looks pretty fit. I actually like her design better than some of the uprights made in the US.

DUck Dynasty

This put a smile on my face....I even printed it off

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Maybe a post from lynnifer ...
    Aww thanks! What put a smile on my face today was reading that. I'm home from work with what feels like my head going to explode from pressure ... I think people who are sick should stay home from work! (Believe I caught this from a co-worker who was coughing, hacking, choking so much that you couldn't hear the dispatch radio earlier this week). Grrr! Things pass so easily in an enclosed space when you're sharing the same equipment.

Also, a part-time co-worker whose baby is just 6 months old. I love hearing his stories and seeing the new baby pictures ... he's still terrified. I can see why - his wife is off on 1yr maternity leave (a bonus in Ontario that can be split between parents) after just accepting a teaching position and he's only working part-time, though he is a volunteer firefighter as well.

His dad used to be a firefighter so I know him a little as well. He has 3 brothers - the youngest with some cognitive challenges. It's so great to hear about a huge family that get on so well and take care of their own - he's so protective of that little brother.

It's something I would have wanted .. but it's nice to see some people actually get to have very loving and supportive families!

Following the pregnancy of another co-worker and we're both from small towns and get teased for it at work ... also part of the exclusive club of cat owners at work (lol - there's 5 of us) ... it's a wonderful thing for me to see the excitement and love in his eyes for someone he hasn't even met yet. I really do wish I'd had that ... but it's lovely to see it DOES exist!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 03-07-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wife had surgery today to relocate catheter for IT baclofen pump. Had a bad feeling in my stomach the whole time she was in surgery. After talking with the surgeon and getting a great report went back to the waiting room and turned back on Pandora and the first song to come on was "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
    Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

gonna take a lot to wipe the smile off my face.

I taught my 7 year old to play blackjack. We play with real quarters, and follow strictly the stand on 17 hit on 16 rule. She loves to play (partly because she has no concept of dealing off the bottom of the deck and I keep the games close but insure she ends up winning most of the hands). The thrill she gets from getting a blackjack is priceless (and to the point of the thread, brings a smile to my face)