Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr.Kleinbloesem

Go Dr.K. Fingers crossed this is true!

Wise - has China had results etc published yet? or even Portugal?

Originally posted by Wise Young:

I am trying to find the time on my schedule to go. I will be in Europe twice this coming fall, once to a meeting in Norway on September 8-10 and to another meeting in Barcelona on October 21. If possible, I will try to be there. Wise.
    I have no problems with Turkish surgeons either. I'm scheduled to fly into Heathrow on September 10th for a cruise. If you want a ginea pig I think I can talk the spousal unit into revisiting a place he used to visit often before hand.

How long before you or Dr Black will be allowed to try your findings in humans, Wise? And will either require immune suppression afterwards?

Sue

PS...Migu, you have a nice little hospital there. I scared the daylights out of the staff when I showed up in the middle of a spinal stroke.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

okwjoe,

It is important that people remain skeptical. It is crucial that information concerning recovery after a claimed therapy be subject to peer review, to be published in journals, and to present all the data for detailed analysis. What has bothered me about the Cells4Health group is that the group has claimed miraculous improvements but with no data at all. If the therapy is indeed producing spectacular recovery in people, why aren't they publishing the work and exposing it to peer review. The concept that they would invite individual consumers to come and view the therapy (even including experts in the field) is just not sufficient. There is a route for such therapies to be validated. It is called clinical trials. The fact that they have nothing to offer but anecdotal data, individual patient interviews, and invitations to visit bothers me. For this reason, I have been skeptical and continue to be skeptical. When I visit the web site, I see nothing but generalities and advertisements to consumers. I can't help but wonder why it is being done in Turkey, that they are charging $15000 euros for an unproven therapy, and why this man is involved in this enterprise. If it is legitimate, why is it not being done in the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and other places where presumably he has the contacts to do a clinical trial?

Wise.
    Maybe they are short cutting the normal process of trials due to both cost to the company and cost to social medicine models? Ever the skeptic here. If I were in the EU and had a promising therapy and had to develop it quickly I'd go to a first world but non-EU nation to save money. The EU has an agency much like our FDA and drug development could take another decade even if the company is using marrow cells.

I did notice that it seems many stem cell, especially adult, companies are using the same labs in Plymouth and Freiburg. The two Ukrainian groups I've looked at use them as a final step to ensure the cells are pure and not contaminated. I suspect the one in Plymouth is used to check for prion proteins.

And as someone who has been around way too long in this state, the write, review, wait for publication, then go on to the next step seems way to long. Is it my imagination that some researchers do not bother going back to a particular area of interest while waiting for their paper to be published?

I agree that we need clinical trials but we really need to hold the FDA to exactly the regulated time and that is it. I believe they stopped one private embryonic stem cell company at the IND stage. They have the right to 30 days to reply to the company as to what the problem is, correct? What happens if there is no answer and the company continues on on day 31?

Maybe Dr K is using these patients as a phase 1 cohort that would be acceptable to the EU authorities?

Last thought on this... I remember when someone went from 3 to 21 standing knee bends overnight. I believe that a contracted hand (5-1/2 years post) that was not responding well to Botox loosened up within an hour on another drug. An hour. So I will remain skeptical of those touting cures as well as those trying desperately to protect us from ourselves.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

David H,
    Dr. K told me that he did 2 C4/C5 Turkish patients in Jan. Both patients got sensation in their arms and movement within the first 2weeks. He said that now one patient can take about forty steps a day and the other can bend his knees. Both got B&B. I am in the process of getting my doctor to call him so i will report more back then. Dr. K is also giving my number to the reporter who has been following this case so hopefully he will call me. Dr. K also said that if i was happy with everything they could do the procedure in July or August. Any more questions?
    Hope this info helped.

CLUSKEY007,
    THANKS, SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!

yes Schmeky

i was talking to DrK.K ON phone. he told that they have got back their sex and bowl control. he told that a quad which cannt use mobile phone can use it now.

Cluskey or Asif, what kind of information do they need from a potential patient? Copy of MRI, CT, blood work? Can the bone marrow be extracted where we live and shipped to Turkey or The Netherlands frozen?

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Emailed dr K, he replied this morning asking me to call him, so i will try later today and post the relevant points of our conversation. Im gonna be asking specifically about c5/6 and what recovery gains hes noticed. If anyone wants me to ask a few other questions just let me know....
    regards
    jm

Where oh where has my pixie gone now?????

Swizz, if you do remember, ask if they have done anything in lower spinal injuries, t-8 / t-12 , and if so, what was the outcome so far.
    thanks

Sue.you need a mri scan to send to cells4health read bullriders original topic it has the address as far as the bonemarrow it can be shipped to their labs how? however that is done.