Thread: ATG Rehab & United Seating merger

ATG Rehab & United Seating merger

Anyone have any news on this? I was told the new company will be called NuMotion. My local DME, CARE Medical, was purchased by the big United Seating chain a few months ago. Now United Seating is gone. . .

I'm still trying to get the folks from CARE, who moved to the new company, to make good on the Permobil lemon they sold me over 2 years ago. Argghhhh!

I think we all need to watch this VERY carefully, Monopoly's rarely result in good outcomes for the consumer. The top people from ATG in Colorado are working with the disability community here to improve the quality of the services they provide, but it will require a close watch in every state where NuMotion is now your only option.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    Anyone have any news on this? I was told the new company will be called NuMotion. My local DME, CARE Medical, was purchased by the big United Seating chain a few months ago. Now United Seating is gone. . .

I'm still trying to get the folks from CARE, who moved to the new company, to make good on the Permobil lemon they sold me over 2 years ago. Argghhhh!
    No, not another Permobil lemon!
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Criple C: I totally agree. Thanks for your comment.

forestranger: After 2 years of a Lemon C400, plus months of hemming and hawing between my DME and Permobil, they finally swapped out my Lemon for a new C400 in December. However, the seat to floor height is not as low as it's supposed to be, which is a huge problem for me since I do my own transfers. So the new chair went back to the shop to see if they can do something about that. They promised a 18.75" STF, but it measures 20.00". It also had a problem with a bad charger error when charging, but they think it was the charging unit itself and replaced it.

Meanwhile, I found out my favorite tech, the one that knows how to work on Permobils, was just let go by CARE/United Seating/NuMotion (or whatever the heck they'll be called next month). He was the absolute best and was a former Permobil rep. So I guess the new company is getting rid of the senior, higher paid employees to streamline. Arggghhhh! (I'm beginning to sound like a pirate)

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Yep, the american way. Take over or combine companies, fire the most qualified, oldest and highest paid employees with benefits first, then hire the people who will work for the lowest pay. Next threaten the rest of workers with moving everything to China unless willing to take enourmous pay cuts.
    Result,
    Stock markets hit highest mark ever. Never in history have companies been more profitable.
    Average American worker pay same as 1972. Only one of every 6 workers over 50 who lost jobs since 2006 has found a job and the wages average only one half what they used to earn.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 03-06-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt