Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling my house in Fla

Selling my house in Fla

Fully hp accessable, designed by me. I'm taking a loss on this house, it's a great deal. Very nice gated Community.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...3_M65360-47678

I'm currently building a new house in the same development, I love it here. Real nice walking paths, pool, etc. Very wheelchair friendly.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt, is that a duplex type house ?
    DIGG.

I adore that red chaise lounge!!! Guys at work once spoke about buying a time-share .. I'm going to tell them about this! The hold-up was accessibility for all members (um that would be me) lol. Just posted it ... 1% has come from my pay cheque for almost 14yrs now for lots of things I couldn't do ... maybe they'll consider this one. LOL

Love that you have a wall clock in your bathroom too - I get teased to hell over that. Where else would you want a clock is what I say!

Wish I could afford it - I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 03-04-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks, ya it's a great house. I kinda had fun furnishing it and making everything nice with the fake plants and all, lol. Now I'll get to do it all over again in moving into my new house once they are done building it here at this development I'm in. I find if I stay busy it help ease all the neuro pain I have.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Curt, is that a duplex type house ?
    Ya, it's a connected house although totally separate electric and water, etc. The guy that lives next door is really nice guy, a former secret service agent for the government, I keep trying to get secrets out of him, but he's not talking.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Block, metal frame, on a concrete slab sound really good in that state from our experience Curt.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Most houses in Fla are concrete slabs as the ground is a little unstable and best off with a slab rather than a basement like the houses up north. Easier to build that way too.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Most houses in Fla are concrete slabs as the ground is a little unstable and best off with a slab rather than a basement like the houses up north. Easier to build that way too.
    Both have footings and foundation walls, my point that I did not make was about termite proofing. We inherited two houses in Orlando. One had been defumigated and I had to clean out the garage, well everything. He had stored lumber in the attic of the garage and I literally took out buckets of termite poop before we put it on the market. Metal framing sounds wonderful.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That house is absolutely beautiful. The view is nice too. The bathroom is huge. I'm wondering about the toilet area. It looks like there is no grab bar. Is it hidden behind the shower curtain?

Yep, there are grab bars near the toilet, in back and on the side and a grab bar in the shower area. It's a large shower area with a little lip that could easily be taken out and made into a roll in. I didn't remove the lip because I transfer to a shower bench I keep in there.

Ya, the termites can be bad in Florida and I've really kept up on the program with the things that are planted all around the house, these are the fancy electronic ones, the bug guy just walks around with a meter to check them, very high tech. The new house I'm building has nylon piping throughout the inside of the walls in the house and the bug guy just hooks up to a outside valve and blows the chemicals in, how cool is that? Divosta the builder is the best builder in the country, they have everything very well under control. I went for the inspection of my new house today which is halfway completed now, very well done, they still don't have the drywall up yet, that's next. It will be done early April they tell me, it's getting exciting. Now to sell this house, I like buying better than selling, lol.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 03-06-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred