Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: permobil c500 stuck in neutral...bahamas...HELP!

permobil c500 stuck in neutral...bahamas...HELP!

When we boarded the plane in Pgh it was fine. Now that we arrived in Bahamas it won't go into gear & move. Power works lever just won't go down far enough! We are stuck in room! Please help!
    Last edited by Nickib; 03-03-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Got lever to move....still doesn't work!

Got the lever to go down....still won't nice but is in gear now. Any thoughts?

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Did you try turning the circuit breaker off and back on. Maybe the stuck lever confused it some.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

can you tape it down?

Try putting it in safe mode and putting everything back in neutral position ..shut off the chair, hold the second and last toggle switch down at the same time..keeping holding, turn on chair, but keep holding for 30-45 secs..until it starts flashing red..this will put chair in safe mode and allow u to reset..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Could you please tell me how to identify toggel switch, may help me also. Chairs dead.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

I'm sorry..my chair has toggle switches underneath the joy stick..not sure if all chairs have this..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Rats! ALL great ideas! Danny tried circuit breaker....didn't work. His chair doesn't have toggle switches so we don't know how to put it in safe mode. United is renting power chair tomorrow & flying his chair back to Pgh. He will either have repaired chair or rental when we get home. Situation stinks but United is being great about it! Any other suggestions welcome! I will post update when I have one!

Assuming you used the manual disconnect lever so the chair could be pushed freely then had a hard time re-engaging, it may not be fully engaged. Rock the chair fore and aft rather harshly while pushing on the lever to engage. My chair has sensors on the gear box to detect this and that last little 1/16 " makes all the difference of go no go.

Since you said it was hard to move the lever ck and see if the linkage got bent or came loose during shipment.
    Last edited by DIGGER; 03-04-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    DIGG.

Digger....good ideas. We tried that & not sure how to access linkage. We are waiting for rental now. Hanging out having coffee in bed isn't same as hanging out on beach....but its still better doing it in the Bahamas...LOL! Thanks all. I wil report outcome.