Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: InVivo Therapeutics Submits Updated IDE to FDA to Begin Spinal Cord Injury Human Stud

If a climbing rose, or vine is left un-attended it will root, and grow haphazardly, what's the harm in training cord to grow where it is needed? A little help, and guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    What? You don’t believe in cutting a whole in an ill spinal cord and putting a piece of plastic into it will fix it? Really
    Jim & Wise, if I interpret correctly this post from Wise
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...0&postcount=11

I should take what Leif has just posted not only as an insult but also as a personal attack on my integrity.

I just would like to clearly understand how I should take this, before answering, since I am willing to follow rules that are equally applied to all CC members.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Leo,

you know that I respect very much your opinions and in this case too.

At the same time.. you have been in the SCI world for much longer than me and have seen that we have been screwed many times in the past. Sometimes researchers honestly believed a cure was just around the corner, but things didn't work out as expected from animal studies.
    In other cases scientists &/or CEOs presented us misleading info and we have been f---ed.
    In my personal opinion at this point skepticism should the default attitude.
    Serious researchers and CEOs shoud have no problem dealing with our skepticism since, after all, all we want is a therapy that works, or at least that has a real chance to provide some functional recovery for us.
    So why Invivo can't provide a little tangible info about what results they have had on animals with chronic SCI?

Maybe you can write to Mr. Raynolds and ask.

Paolo
    paolo, it's just that your and my opinion are differant, i am sure you know the science far better than me, i've gotten lazy at trying to keep up, i do know though that frank, dr young, dr silver and a few other have the strongest desire to cure paralysis asap, is their theroy right i don't know, worst case senario it fails and it's sad but it answers that question,

it's 3 or 4 years since i tried to contact frank, wise, kerstead or anyone, imo i'd rather have them doing real work instead of educating me, i count on the w2w symposiums to keep me up to date, now if i lived next door to one of these facilties i'd go check in
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Jim & Wise, if I interpret correctly this post from Wise

I should take what Leif has just posted not only as an insult but also as a personal attack on my integrity.

I just would like to clearly understand how I should take this, before answering, since I am willing to follow rules that are equally applied to all CC members.

Paolo
    Paolo,

You know how we're always in here complaining about how researchers need to collaborate and/ or at least keep their egos in check?

Wouldn't it be awesome if our best advocates could kindly do the same?

Jim & Wise, if I interpret correctly this post from W
    ise

Paolo
    Paolo and Leif,

This is precisely what Jim and I wanted to avoiid... the two of you going at it like kids. He hit me first, no he hit me first, he is a bad boy, etc. Stop this nonsense. Please, don't answer each other.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-14-2013 at 10:10 PM.

way back i saw a video of a man explaining that he had a spinal cord injury and cured himself by reading books.
    BTW is this the same CEO person under discussion here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    way back i saw a video of a man explaining that he had a spinal cord injury and cured himself by reading books.
    BTW is this the same CEO person under discussion here.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    it's 3 or 4 years since i tried to contact frank, wise, kerstead or anyone, imo i'd rather have them doing real work instead of educating me, i count on the w2w symposiums to keep me up to date, now if i lived next door to one of these facilties i'd go check in
    It's not about educating us, we just want any proof that the great results for chronics he's talking about exist.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    I know about the distrust here towards Frank as person but not towards the actual research. Could you please elaborate your scepticism, and which of their work do you believe in? Just interested in hearing points raised not concerning the person.

Anyone who claims cell efficacy without submitting scientific proof to be reviewed by independent authorities should not be taken seriously.

and that includes you too Dr Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    It's not about educating us, we just want any proof that the great results for chronics he's talking about exist.
    and when the clinical trial is in some phase of which i don't know we'll have that proof,

but first he, wise, silver, keirstead or anyone must prove their theory acceptable to higher powers than us, fda, nih, investors, other researchers, clinicians, hospital centers yada yada yada

would i love to know the inside scoop, of course, am i going to get it, probably not, they have to much on the line

just saying, that's reality
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."