Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: InVivo Therapeutics Submits Updated IDE to FDA to Begin Spinal Cord Injury Human Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    and when the clinical trial is in some phase of which i don't know we'll have that proof,

but first he, wise, silver, keirstead or anyone must prove their theory acceptable to higher powers than us, fda, nih, investors, other researchers, clinicians, hospital centers yada yada yada

would i love to know the inside scoop, of course, am i going to get it, probably not, they have to much on the line

just saying, that's reality
    I don't think that's the case. Anyone who is making claims on the efficacy, or early indication of efficacy, of a therapy based on animal (or for that matter human) data but then fails to provide that data or give a timeline for the release of that data and stick to it should be called out until they pony up.
    Of course, if all they're worried about is the FDA or investors then they shouldn't care about the support of the community...but there is no reason to believe someone without evidence.

Agreed

i don't think that the good news would be conveyed through a telephone call, email, newsletter or internet site. AS TILL TODAY 15/5/13 CELL THERAPY HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN TO DO ANYTHING WHATSOEVER IN TREATING SCI.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    way back i saw a video of a man explaining that he had a spinal cord injury and cured himself by reading books.
    BTW is this the same CEO person under discussion here.
    He didn't claim to cure himself. He claims he was motivated to
    find a treatment for himself, when he discovered the science of
    cns reorganization and plasticity. Since he was very incomplete
    to begin with, he realized he could benefit from intensive locomotor
    training.

I don't know why people pretend to misunderstand his claims.
    He suffered a sci and now he walks like most incompletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    He didn't claim to cure himself. He claims he was motivated to
    find a treatment for himself, when he discovered the science of
    cns reorganization and plasticity. Since he was very incomplete
    to begin with, he realized he could benefit from intensive locomotor
    training.

I don't know why people pretend to misunderstand his claims.
    He suffered a sci and now he walks like most incompletes.
    I think many incompletes who got to good facilities and got intensive therapy walked ( I certainly did ). The story is not unique. Maybe it is the wording of I got myself walking but I do not sense people pretending to misunderstand. Just because some have doubts of the new matrix doesn't mean they distrust or dislike him. There may be cases where people here have had direct interactions with him that lead them to either like or dislike him. I have a very few areas where I disagree with Wise but that does not mean I dislike him.

I like the forum for the healthy dialectic on the theories and the research but not for the personal attacks that occasionally occur.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    I think many incompletes who got to good facilities and got intensive therapy walked ( I certainly did ). The story is not unique. Maybe it is the wording of I got myself walking but I do not sense people pretending to misunderstand. Just because some have doubts of the new matrix doesn't mean they distrust or dislike him. There may be cases where people here have had direct interactions with him that lead them to either like or dislike him. I have a very few areas where I disagree with Wise but that does not mean I dislike him.

I like the forum for the healthy dialectic on the theories and the research but not for the personal attacks that occasionally occur.
    like completes - incompletes come in varying ability's of what they have been able to get back it is good though at least he is trying a method and through proper channels.