Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally got to say something I've wanted to say to the media for a long time

I finally got to say something I've wanted to say to the media for a long time

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02...it-ama-awesome

I started a reddit there'd and people had so many misconceptions. Mostly about what a quad is and about sex. But when asked. I took the opportunity to say this
    They had a few typos but you get the idea!

"And that positivity has made Chapman, who went on to get married about a year after her accident, an online star, with people wanting to know everything about her. I had a question of my own that I posed to her: What is the biggest misconception that people have about you? "The biggest misconception is that as long as someone can just get better with a good attitude and working out/physical therapy, that one day I'll walk if I try really hard. It doesn't work like that. It doesn't matter how positive you are if you unplug a lamp the light switch won't work. We need more research. That misconception bothers me."

Great job! I'm so grateful that you used the opportunity to correct this
    misconception and emphasized research.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    Great job! I'm so grateful that you used the opportunity to correct this misconception and emphasized research.
    Agreed.

Way to go. We sometimes wonder why things like this happen to us. It may be so we can educate others and help them along the way. You're doing just that. I feel blessed knowing you are one of them. Stay strong.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

That was you eh? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Way to go. We sometimes wonder why things like this happen to us. It may be so we can educate others and help them along the way. You're doing just that. I feel blessed knowing you are one of them. Stay strong.
    Thanks pat!

I love that!

good girl

Thank you Rachelle! Well said as well!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda